 Castle / 9238
Re: Cameras
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 14:28:45 GMT

More Freudian slips: *Kodak* DC4800 - the Canon AE-1 I have is sitting
forlornly in the closet, though it still takes good pics.

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jason Cicchini writes:
What cameras does everyone use to photograph you models? And, In your
opinion what is the best camera to use?

Catch you cats later!
-the Rascal King

Digitally: Canon DC 4800.  Film: Minolta 7000.  Digital cameras cost an arm
and a leg, and to approach film quality, an arm, a leg, and your left (can't
say on Lugnut....OOoooooo....Freudian slip).  However, you don't have to
have the film developed, and then the negative scanned (which gets the best
quality) to then digitally manipulate the image (which is where digital
really shines).  Digital cameras are usually lighter and smaller than SLR
film cameras, but I prefer the size and heft of the latter - it just fits my
hand better.

There is no "best" (well, unless you want to spend thousands of dollars).
It also depends on how demanding of a photographer you are.  I'd recommend
something that was in the 3+ megapixel range, and has a macro mode for
closeups.  Beyond that, it all depends on what features you can't live without.

Bruce