 Publishing / 2866
Re: Cameras
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 15:23:33 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
Hi Jason!

In lugnet.castle, Jason Cicchini writes:
What cameras does everyone use to photograph you models?

Jason --

I use a Polaroid PDC1100 for all of my pictures. It's a 1 megapixel camera.
I bought it used from a friend but new it would have run about $240 a year
ago, I believe.

It doesn't have manual focus or anything, but as long as I have good
lighting or use the flash, the pictures turn out pretty good for what I'm
looking to do.

My only complaint is that it requires 4 AA batteries and if I use the flash
and display the pictures much on the LCD, the batteries croak after taking
about 24 pictures or so. Because of this, I usually run it off of the ac
adapter. If I'm away from home, I just bring along rechargable batteries... *8|

Shiri's Mavica is definately a better camera than mine - but there's a
fairly hefty price tag as I recall from looking around Christmas. Sony
"anything" in general is fairly pricey -- but you get what you pay for. :)

Just my two cents, a nickel and a dime...

Joel J
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego%20creations.htm
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=jjacobse