 Castle / 9270
Re: Color me confused
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 17:50:49 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Ray Sanders writes:
In lugnet.castle, Elin Övernäs writes:
In lugnet.castle, Ray Sanders writes:
That's interesting.
All of mine have dark-gray arms and black torso. Maybe there is a difference
between Europe and the US.

/Elin

Hmmm. I broke down six copies of 6096 last night. All of them had this 'Knight
2' with black arms and dark-grey torsos. Perhaps this is really a stealth
'Knight 3' ?

I'll add to the fodder that I've got 5 6096's, all of which came with the
torso in dark grey with black arms... Also, the peeron inventory reports a
dark grey torso (although it doesn't report arm color! shame shame!). The
image on Lugnet
(http://img.lugnet.com/display.cgi?set/new/upload/6096-1-954520057.jpg)
looks like black arms, but the torso is kinda obscured (it's tough to tell
ANYWAY). The image on brickset KINDA looks like a dk.grey torso, but it's
really hard to tell between those bars...

Now, further, all my guys with this torso print match (all dk grey torsos w/
black arms)-- of course the only other set *I* have that comes with it is
6098/6091, which (according to the brickset scan), comes with the dk. grey
torso/black arms style. Also, the
2586 Chess King also looks like it comes with the dk. grey torso,
but with RED arms-- but it is kinda tricky to tell-- it MIGHT be black...
can anyone confirm? And again at:
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/2000/c00am-100dpi/c00am-35.jpg it
shows the dk. grey torso with black arms... The only other picture I can
think of is one that I *think* showed up in the S@H catalog showing the
characters, and also one I never saw in Mania Magazine but was supposedly
very similar to the one on the 2000 catalog...

But had I not heard that someone actually HAD the black torso w/ dk. grey
arms, I woulda thought it was just a misprint on TLC's part when printing
6096's instructions...

Does anyone else have this with a black torso and dk. grey arms? Does Leo's
Castle come with the black-torso version in Europe?

DaveE