 Castle / 9218
Re: Help! I need somebody! Help! Not just anybody!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 17:43:37 GMT

On Mon, 28 May 2001 15:05:52 GMT, "James Brown"
<galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Jason Cicchini writes:
Okay, so I just got some extra cash that i dont need to put away for the
bills, and I'm looking to purchase some sets. What should I buy? Whuch set
currently in stores has the least juniorized peices I can actually reuse? I
haven't bought a set in about 6 months, so I'm kinda out of it! Someone help!

It depends on what you're looking for.  Do you want specialized castle bits,
or do you want to bulk out your bricks & plates?

If the former, I'd suggest getting at least 1 copy of Guarded Treasury; it's
about the best bang for your buck from the currently available castles (not
saying much, I'm afraid...), or if you can find them at a reasonable price,
*any* older castle set will get you a better variety of parts.

If you want to bulk up your basic parts a bit, and don't mind getting a few
non-castle things, pick up some Star Wars sets.  Sith Infiltrators, if you
can find them, are a motherload of grey plates; The MTT, I think, is a
fantastic set for bulking up on bricks, plates & slopes in off colors
(brown, dark gray).  The X-Wing is good too, with lots of grey parts,
although it may be too heavy on space-type parts.

And there's always buying bulk grey bricks from Shop@Home

Oh, also.
I've been looking to build up my army. Any Idea which set can do that by
buying a couple of copies? Thanx!

Defense Archer, Catapult Crusher; any of the little castle sets.

HTH!

James

I'll echo this, it really depends upon what you need piece wise, the
6094 Guarded Treasury has some potential (part wise :^), a copy of the
6095  Royal Joust has a few different bits in it also.  If you are
looking for the 'new' castle wall section/tower piece/etc then  6026
King Leo has 2 figures a horse and one of those sections in it.   The
4817 Dungeon (chrome set) also has one of these sections, a mini-fig,
a skeleton, a green base brick and a chest with some jewels in it.  It
also has the Chrome breastplate in it.  The trick is this set happens
to be a HTO promo type set that can be hard to find.
I love the polybags type set's such as 4811 Defense Archer for
building up head count for my armies, the only thing I see  as a flaw
with the 4811 is that there is no melee weapon, you get multiple
crossbows which works for being able to equip large number's of figs
crossbow's.  A plus to 4811 is that most places it's only $2 except my
local TRU's there it's $3.
Mike
--

All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)