 Castle / 18500 (+100)
  Re: Herid's Rare Books and Manuscripts

(...) Hehe, those shipping racks are cool. Maybe I will get to take photos of my rubber band technique sometime. Please let me know if it works for you. Thanks. Ben (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Slash and his Guitar

Hey all, I haven't posted here in a really long time.....but I just dropped in to reveal my newest creation.... Slash (URL) his Guitar (URL) always let me know what you guys think.... Laterz Joey (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Slash and his Guitar

hey Joey, i think this belong in .town more than .castle (or .general, etc). pretty cool, none-the-less -Lenny (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

Hi All, Not sure how many are left since Classic-Castle, but I must draw your attention to a crisis in Castle. It appears TLC has decided to bring back the Castle line in a Bionicle-like theme. The world is over and if this rumors proves true, I (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) William, I think that all of this worrying is not good. I highly doubt that LEGO would replace one of its great themes with Bionicle. It is probably just a new type of Bionicle set. Bionicle will not replace Castle, Town, etc. I think it is a (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) If Bionicle is TLC's #1 selling theme, and it is, wouldn't it make sense to replicate it somehwere else in an attempt to mirror that success? (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) I just went to the Bionicle Forum (inside the Technic Forum) and saw that the last four posts are 1 and 2 months old! It seems like the Castle community is much more active and it would be a shame if The LEGO Company just decided to dump us in (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Spare parts - or - Harry Parter part duex (was: Castle Nightmare)

(...) But that's the real kicker of it all, isn't it?. LEGO Castle is what it is because we make it what it is. LEGO Castle is the fan's theme. LEGO only supplies the bricks. It's the same with space, with town, with trains, with all the known (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) At least they didn't make Sir Jack of Stone. Bionicle is infinitely cooler than Jack of All Trades (no doubt swordfighting and princess stealing would come naturally to him too, except his hair is styled wrong for it.) Ever since they gave (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

If they make medieval Bionicle sets in ADDITION to normal castle sets, then that's OK. However, if medieval Bionicle is all that they're going to give us, then I also am very disappointed. (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The 1592 "Lionheart" Minifig Sticker Set

(...) GREAT job. Now if someone (at least more talented in such matters than myself and ol' BMP2DAT) could come up with a LDRAW file for these stickers... BTW - they look more like Griffins than Lions to me :P (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Backatcha! (...) Okay, i think i have to announce this. Im a bionicle nut. Bionicle is absolute junk now after they went and ripped the plot to shreds, but i still collect old bionicle and i still flame the new junk their making. So i just (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) LOL - Thats actually funny. The reason that part of Lugnet is dead is because the Bionicle fans were basically bashed and bashed and bashed by the folks here on Lugnet until they went to another site to play. Go visit the true home for (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) I see little difference there...a toy I don't want to buy is still a toy I don't want to buy. That line of product places Lego in the same category as hundreds of other manufacturers, at least for me. The problem with Bioknuckles is the break (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) I withdraw my comment. You are correct, Mark, that Bionicle is a big money maker for the LEGO Company. I should have done more research before I implied that it isn't. However, no one is "blamimg" Bionicle fans for anything. It's just that we (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Spare parts - or - Harry Parter part duex (was: Castle Nightmare)

Well said, Anthony. I wish I'd said it. Alan (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

Mark, While I am not a fan of Bionicle and haven't bought anything to do with it, you have stated your case clearly and succinctly. Well done. Alan (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) But who are you going to blame? The toy or the peole making the toy? People who blame it on Bionicle are placing the blame on a item of plastic. How is plastic the same as a person? If you do not want to buy it then thats fine, nobody is (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) That's about the stupidest thing I have ever read... -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Spare parts - or - Harry Parter part duex (was: Castle Nightmare)

(...) Hi Anthony, You have made some good points there. Well thought out. I must say I may have been a little overemotional when I wrote that post. Lego needs to be the one supplying the bricks, with juniorization and pillar-brick construction, they (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) (URL) the Bionicle fans are there. The online Bionicle community is huge, and I think LEGO would be wise to try out something new that would be Bionicle-related. Perhaps not relpace Castle, but a suppliment to it with a Bionicle-like storyline (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) And that is perhaps one of the most ignorant responses to a good point I have ever read. Why? Because that reply indicates that you don't know enough about Bionicle to comment on it, let alone bash it. Ask a few Mecha builders how much they (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Yeah, funny thing that -- give people a limited supply of good technic and a whole bunch of other crap and they will learn to make do with what is available. That doesn't mean it's the stuff of choice though does it? It's just what is (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) I find it funny that Castle fans are the most vocal about being 'left behind' by LEGO, while Castle received two Legends and a MOC set which are absolutely fantasic. Plus, many Castle parts exist on the market today (albeit in Harry Potter (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) When you deviate from traditional building standards (hmm, SNOT?), it enables for many more possibilities. For an example of Bionicle models, look no further than Bryce McGlone's mechs: (URL) are many others, his models just stick out in my (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) crowd pretty succinctly here. I watched the anti- Bionicle harangue with some alarm from my various perches, but I hadn't realized they really did pack it in and head over to bzpower as a whole. That makes me rather sad, because honestly I (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) You seriously don't know much about mecha builders. They go after any parts that they needs for their mechs. I had several mecha builders seek me out looking for Bionicle masks for their creations. That's right, they are actually LOOKING for (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Hi Tim, I think castle fans have some room to complain. However, you do make a good point that Lego Direct has been great about releasing several very nice legends and one moc set. Out of the big three old themes(Town, Castle, and Space), (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

Even if mecha use bioncle, that still leaves nearly everyother theme. I have seen parts used in space as well but as far as town, pirate, trains, boats, and especially castle, adn whatever else, they are completely useless. What we need here is not (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

Wait, I have a few Bionicles in possession, back when they didn't annoy me in BrickShelf but I still keep them in their can like containers. Anyhow I just measured the tallest one (red) and its way below being 20 cm tall. Are these something related (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Nick, I disagree. Bionicle parts would make fantastic castle and ship decorations (a la Dragonlance and other fantasy settings), wonderful futuristic trains, excellent machinery parts in town heavy equipment. And they seem perfect for mecha. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle-ize it!

I have been a Castle "purist" for many years and resisted the urge to buy sets from other themes. But like many Castle fans these days, eagerly waiting (and waiting) for new Castle theme sets, I broke down and bought some Harry Potter sets, just for (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: Castle-ize it!

(...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) So VERY true. This is Lego... is it not? Mark P (URL) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) That is only because you want them to be 'completely useless'. There is no such thing as a 'completely useless' part if you use your brain and imagination. Look at all the MOCs made with "bad parts" they turn out to be VERY useful... all it (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) --SNIP-- Hmph... I feel hurt. (4 URLs) --Anthony (URL) The Kingdom of Ikros> (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle-ize it!

(...) That is awesome! Very creative, very well done, and dare I say ... very cute? -- Pawel (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle-ize it!

(...) Hehe... very cool. I think "1 PS" is enought for a car like this :) see ya. (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) This missesthe point. I am a castle builder. I dont need bionicle pieces when making a castle. Just because the pieces exist, i should not have to use them. Why make something from bad pieces when pieces suitted to my theme are available. (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) heh, my bad, but you must admit while awesome, they are slightly bioncley in the sense of not buildings or the like... (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

Hello! (...) You are right, those sets are great. However, it leads me to another thought: LEGO doesn't care about us castle-heads. What, they release such great sets and I say they don't care? Now, they don't do much to keep us quiet. We complain (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Not to go off on a tangent, but I would say that that is a large part of many people's complaints about Bionicle. Most (all?) Bionicle pieces do not directly connect to traditional bricks and plates. This makes them generally useless to most (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) I just have to note this statement ... the new sets coming out *are* castle-themed, they're just not *minifig scale.* Nor are they "Bionicle," as Bionicle has its own theme. I think that's what you're really getting at. Its just perhaps some (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Spare parts - or - Harry Parter part duex (was: Castle Nightmare)

(...) sniiiip. (...) Just wanted to say this whole post was very well done, Anthony! I couldn't have said it better. -Tim (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) If it's not minifig scale, I don't know what to call it. It might be a new medieval theme, it might be excellent, it might be a lot of things, but it wouldn't be a continuation of the Castle line, so whatever it might actually be called, it (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) We know just a few sets that will come out in 2004. And we do not even know for sure if these new Bionicle sets ARE castle themed. IMHO they are not the new sets are being referred to by Lego as a "city" See here: (URL) you ready to enter the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

Hello! (...) There are people who have already seen pictures of these "Knights' Kingdom" figures: Employees of toystores. They got catalogues for their orders from Billund. That's where the information on 1000steine was from. For obvious reasons (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) You don't. (...) There are no bad pieces..only bad little children. (...) So do you. "Here, this time, close the helmet's blast plate." (...) So build something new, and show us what castle needs. (...) It IS about creativity. IF (he says (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Hi Tim, You have a good point, sometimes we get so focused on what we don't like that we forget about the millions of things we do like. The three Castle sets out there are great and I have bought several of each. But two of those sets have (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle-ize it!

(...) Hello Erik, I'm glad you liked it. Um... assuming that you liked it! No, there are no pieces from the original car in my version. Stephen (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle-ize it!

(...) Hello Pawel, Thank you for your comments. I thought we could all use a laugh these days and I'm glad you appreciated the joke. And yes, I suppose I can live with "cute":) Stephen (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle-ize it!

(...) Hi Kai, How are things going with you? I'm glad you liked my castle-ized car. I had fun doing it, and it's good to know you enjoyed seeing it. What does "1 PS" mean? Stephen (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) <snip> Good, then Todd can move lugnet.technic.bionicle to lugnet.castle.bionicle! j/k, this is bad news IMHO. (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Castle-ize it!

(...) "Pferdestarke" if I remember correctly, the German word for "horsepower". ... I think the abbreviation of horsepower, HP, would be even more confusing in this context. (with Harry Potter and all) Yay for puns :) I like your car(t), very (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Remember though that TLC generally considers that Harry Potter IS Castle right now. So, aside from Lego Direct stuff (like the Guarded Inn, Blacksmiths Shop and Black Falcons Fortress), dont expect to see regular castle on the shelves (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Castle-ize it!

(...) Ja - Pferdestärke! Zuweilen bin ich sehhhhhr langsam! I'm glad you liked the car(t). Thanks for your comments, and for your help. Stephen (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Why we need a true castle theme

Hi all, One of the common arguments in the thread on possible Bionicle/castle hybrids is that if we want real castles we can build them ourselves. I agree. From my own building portfolio I obviously don't think we need a Lord of the Rings official (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Why we need a true castle theme

The last official Castle line was generally poor, in my opinion, but I just had to have the figures. Yes, I draft figures and accessories from other lines, I print stickers, I buy stuff from the Little Armory, but nothing truly replaces having the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Whether an archer or a miner, you need a place to call home

I built two more houses for my medieval village. These are simple one-story homes. One owner is a carpenter turned miner, the other belongs to an archer. Pick-a-brick was essential to getting the amount of light-yellow and teal required for these (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.michlug, FTX) !

  Re: Why we need a true castle theme

(...) That is what I keep wondering. There are still so many things that Lego can explore with themes like Castle and Pirates. Heck Lego could even merge the two themes and have medieval ships! Everything from Galleys, to Long Boats, to Trade Cogs, (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Pictures of 'Bionicle-Castle' sets, from UK club magazine

Sorry for the poor scan, I did it from work. I'll do a better one later. (URL) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pictures of 'Bionicle-Castle' sets, from UK club magazine

(...) Color me disgruntled, but this looks curiously like a Megabloks Mecha/Bot/Thing experiment gone awry. That or a Galidor meets Lego Brick experiment. Either way, here's hoping there's some salvageable merit to this little foray. Strange, this (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  HP new sets ???????

Hi everybody, Just wondered if I missed it or something but I havn't seen anybody talks about 2004 new sets from the Harry Potter line and it seems weird because of the new movie. Does anyone knows anything about that? P.S. Due to the new (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter, FTX)

  Re: New colors and other info

(...) You’re funny! Describing an ‘obscene gesture’ isn’t the same as enacting it. I understand and totally don’t mind Hop-Frogs comments. I'm glad he’s venting actually… a lot of us feel that way. And why are people going out of their way to pick (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.people)

  Re: New colors and other info

THIS IS THE GREATEST THING IN THE WORLD… lol ¯¯¯...¯¯¯ I feel an internal war a-bruin’ **Revolution, civil war…everyone take sides…Whahahaha** It’s always nice to have things 'shook-up'… And no, I'm not trooling for trouble, it’s jus’ kewl to see (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.castle, lugnet.people)

  Re: Pictures of 'Bionicle-Castle' sets, from UK club magazine

(...) I was immediately reminded of (URL) there's no wolf. . .) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: HP new sets ???????

Yaron, I think it's no movie=no sets. I dont think the movie will come out till summer time, and we'll prolly get the HP sets then. -Lenny (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter, FTX)

  Re: HP new sets ???????

(...) It is still 6 months away. I bet we'll know for sure in 3. Toy Fair is coming in February. -Erik (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of 'Bionicle-Castle' sets, from UK club magazine

(...) Ack. I was prepared to see Bionicle go medieval, but it's the Galidor figure again. (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pictures of 'Bionicle-Castle' sets, from UK club magazine

(...) Yeah, Bionicle Goes Medieval might've actually been pretty cool, but these are freaking Galidor Redux. Didn't they learn their lesson the first time? *shakes head* Though looking at those shields, they might make interesting wings for a space (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pictures of 'Bionicle-Castle' sets, from UK club magazine

(...) It wants to... fly! (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: HP new sets ???????

Hi, A little bird told me that there should be a re-release of the Hagrid's Hut (this time with a real roof), a re-release of the Hogwarts Express (this time with 9V motor and train compliant), and a triple decker bus (Knight Bus) in purple. We (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of 'Bionicle-Castle' sets, from UK club magazine

Woohoo! That so much rocks! That kicks ass like nothing before! I'm totally enthralled by this GREAT GREATER GREATEST release of all times (and I've experienced a lot of times, including the boring 80ies and early 90ies)! Woohoo! and woohoo again! I (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of 'Bionicle-Castle' sets, from UK club magazine

(...) Huw, thanks for the scan. My first thought is: How can these be called "castle"? Yea, I realize they're supposed to be some sort of knight, but where's the actual "castle"? I'd suggest calling them "Bionicle Knights", since in order to build (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Whether an archer or a miner, you need a place to call home

(...) Jason, These are pretty cool, I liked the patchwork quilt affect in the archers house. Thanks, George (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Whether an archer or a miner, you need a place to call home

(...) Thanks! I was going for the look of an crocheted blanket. I used 1x1 rounds so you see the white sheet underneath and with most crochet I have seen, you can sorta see through them. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Whether an archer or a miner, you need a place to call home

(...) Thanks for the inspiration! Those are two very nice small houses. I hope to copy them. Keep up the great work. Alan (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: HP new sets ???????

(...) Did the little bird mention if the train compliant 9V Hogwarts Express has new driver wheels? What better reason to make a new mold than the HP line? -Paul D. (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New Castle Set Pics

Found this in the fbtb.net forum: (URL) Rather disappointing... Steve (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: HP new sets ???????

(...) Hi Ben, thanks for the info. (...) Always nice to know that TLC keep creating 'new inventions' and not repeating itself over and over again:-) Still a real roof might be worth something... (...) Hopefully we'll get some pictures soon, those (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter, FTX)

  Re: New Galidor Knights (allegedly but not Castle) Set Pics

(...) They've been posted already, but thanks for the link anyway - I'm only responding to change the subject line to something more insidious and appropriate. :-) -->Bruce<-- (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pictures of 'Bionicle-Castle' sets, from UK club magazine

(...) My thoughts exactly (...) Cool pic, just wanted to add the 'Before' picture (2 URLs) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Whether an archer or a miner, you need a place to call home

(...) I'm glad you liked them. When you say copy, do you intend to try for an exact copy? Or just copy their flavor and make your own variations? Either's cool with me, although if you make variations, I'd be keen to see pictures. I'll try to keep (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Pictures of 'Bionicle-Castle' sets, from UK club magazine

Ugh. However... to me these look like an extension of the Galidor line, not the Bioncle line as rumored. Knowing that the larger Lego corporate entity (not Lego Direct) takes a long time to develop a product line...perhaps development and (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Petition against permanent color changes

(...) Edit: I know it's bad form to reply to oneself, but I wanted to try to respond to the previous post in the voice of the average, emotionless, lugnet-zombie... <delurk> Gee, I don't know what to say to that...I think I disagree. I want to find (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Boycot the New Castle Knight Sets

I started a bit of a flame war between castle heads and Bionical, and that was never the intention. I may not personally like Bionical sets, but that doesn't mean they were "useless" or ill-conceived. The sale of Bionical has brought TLC back into (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Boycot the New Castle Knight Sets

I started a bit of a flame war between castle heads and Bionical, and that was never the intention. I may not personally like Bionical sets, but that doesn't mean they were "useless" or ill-conceived. The sale of Bionical has brought TLC back into (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Boycot the New Castle Knight Sets

William, I do not know if boycoting is the way to go. Its only six sets like the original Bionicle Toa they are testing the market. If lego sees that castle themed sets sell they will eventualy have to make homes for these extra large knights. Extra (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Boycot the New Castle Knight Sets

(...) What makes you think they'll make castles? They never made homes for any of the Bionicle. Oh, and if you don't like them, don't buy them. Is there really the need to be so dramatic about it? Adrian (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Colossal Castle Contest

The Classic Castle Team is proud to announce our first building contest: The Colossal Castle Contest. (URL) This contest is a bit different than other contests. We have a variety of categories each with one prize for the winner. Some categories (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: Boycot the New Castle Knight Sets

Do you really think you need to tell people to boycot them? I think that will happen on its own. It would be like telling people to not eat dirt--it's completely unneccesary. (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  RE: Boycot the New Castle Knight Sets

Houses for bionukel Castle.... think PLAYMOBIL..... large one use pieces... takes 2 mins to put the 'castle' together.... that's what you'll get for extra large figs... Tamy Hoping she's not right.... -----Original Message----- From: (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

Cool! I can't wait to start building! I have been really busy of late and haven't had much Lego time, but now I have some time again. I think this will be awesome. Way to go, guys! Still building, Josh (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Boycot the New Castle Knight Sets

(...) Hi Tamy, First, the castle figs are NOT Bionicle (note its spelled B-I-O-N-I-C-L-E, not "bionukel" as you so rudely spelled it). Second I find your lack of respect for a different Lego line very disappointing. You may not like Bionicle items - (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Boycot the New Castle Knight Sets

(...) Hi William, Just a quick question - I know you know how to spell 'Bionicle" correctly, you have done it many times in the very recent past. So whats the deal with spelling it wrong every time now? I know you do not like Bionicle, but I do not (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Ah but you see - thats EXACTLY how rumors start. And guess what - the *rumors* were not true - the new castle sets are NOT Bionicle. Granted, they are not minifig scale but they are NOT Bionicle. Play Well! Mark P (URL) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  The new Castle sets are not Bionicle, time to get over it.

Now that we have seen the new Castle sets we know they are not Bionicle sets. So can the Bionicle bashing stop now? I know Bionicle may not be very well loved here on Lugnet - but bashing and mocking is not cool. I hope we are all adults here, and I (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Boycot the New Castle Knight Sets

(...) Hi Mark, The spelling mistake was just that, a mistake. If my intent had been to further upset the Bionicle community, I would have found a more overt method. There are much better ways to upset people than with the occasional spelling (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Boycot the New Castle Knight Sets

(...) You may be right, but I felt I had to voice protest. That and some people actually do eat dirt; it is known as Pica or geophagy, which is the ingestion of soil. So if you look into it, some people actually do have to be told not to eat dirt. (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) Thanks Josh, We can't wait to get our first contest submissions. If anyone has questions about the contest, please feel free to post here or at classic-castle.com and we will answer them. Thanks. Ben E. CC Sets Admin (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact