 Castle / 18514
Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 18:53:29 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mark Papenfuss wrote:

We have 13,800 + members and we get more posts in 30 minutes than Lugnet
gets in a day. Bionicle has the most tie-ins than every other Lego theme in
story combined. 3 movies, 4 different lines of Nike shoes, toothbrushes,
more odds and ends than you can ever imagine. Yes, Bionicle is the top money
maker for Lego, and a Bionicle themed castle line would bring in many times
more than a "true" castle theme could even think about.

I withdraw my comment. You are correct, Mark, that Bionicle is a big money maker
for the LEGO Company. I should have done more research before I implied that it
isn't.

However, no one is "blamimg" Bionicle fans for anything. It's just that we
Castle fans have not had any castles for years (Harry Potter and Orient
Expedition are not true Castle and do not count).

So when we hear that the new Castle line may very be part of the Bionicle line,
we get extremely disappointed. Making Castle-like characters for the Bionicle
line might be a wise move for TLC, but it still leaves the Castle fans waiting
for "true castles" to appear again.

My point was that Castle is a big and active community. We feel neglected. We
don't dislike fans of the other themes, but you can't blame us for being a
little jealous.

Stephen