 Castle / 18512
Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 18:28:36 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Stephen Wroble wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Rich Manzo wrote:

If Bionicle is TLC's #1 selling theme, and it is, wouldn't it make sense to
replicate it somehwere else in an attempt to mirror that success?

I just went to the Bionicle Forum (inside the Technic Forum) and saw that the
last four posts are 1 and 2 months old! It seems like the Castle community is
much more active and it would be a shame if The LEGO Company just decided to
dump us in favor of the Bionicle line.

LOL - Thats actually funny. The reason that part of Lugnet is dead is because
the Bionicle fans were basically bashed and bashed and bashed by the folks here
on Lugnet until they went to another site to play.

Go visit the true home for Bionicle fans:

http://www.bzpower.com

We have 13,800 + members and we get more posts in 30 minutes than Lugnet gets in
a day. Bionicle has the most tie-ins than every other Lego theme in history
combined. 3 movies, 4 different lines of Nike shoes, toothbrushes, more odds and
ends than you can ever imagine. Yes, Bionicle is the top money maker for Lego,
and a Bionicle themed castle line would bring in many times more than a "true"
castle theme could even think about.

Lugnet members made it clear Bionicle fans were not really welcome here on
Lugnet - and the tone of the post that started this thread is a good example as
to why.

But really - if *anybody* thinks that Bionicle is to blame if no "true" castle
sets come out in 2004 then you will just be passing the blame. The fault will be
Lego's, not Bionicle's. So place the blame where it should be - with the Lego
company, not in the Bionicle theme.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com