 Castle / 18517
Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:53:08 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Marchetti wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
But really - if *anybody* thinks that Bionicle is to blame if no "true"
castle sets come out in 2004 then you will just be passing the blame. The
fault will be Lego's, not Bionicle's. So place the blame where it should be
- with the Lego company, not in the Bionicle theme.

I see little difference there...a toy I don't want to buy is still a toy I
don't want to buy. That line of product places Lego in the same category as
hundreds of other manufacturers, at least for me.

But who are you going to blame? The toy or the peole making the toy? People who
blame it on Bionicle are placing the blame on a item of plastic. How is plastic
the same as a person?

If you do not want to buy it then thats fine, nobody is saying you have to and
nobody is saying you have to like it either. But the blame should be placed
where it belongs - and that is the people making the toys, not the toys
themselves.

The problem with Bioknuckles is the break with traditional building
standards.

Funny how you call Bionicle "Bioknuckles" but when anybody says anything less
than positive about MegaWhatever you blow a gasket. You have selective respect I
just find that amusing.

But point is - who's building standards are they breaking? Bionicle is basically
Mecha in a Lego box. So are you saying that Mecha builders are also breaking
building standards?

And really, if the building standards never changed Lego would have died long
ago. The ONLY true building standard that has not changed is that one part
connects to another part.. anything more is in a constant state of flux.

...I'll just put my money and time into something else altogether. This color
thing is a real "make or break" moment for me and probably many others.

Hey, thats fine - But I thought this was about Bionicle and Castle. Whatever it
is you are talking about the only thing I can suggest is to buy what gives you
pleasure. If MB brings you pleasure then more power to MB. But if you need Lego
to come out with a Castle set in order for you to make a castle then I pity you
deeply.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com