 Castle / 18538
Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:18:57 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Nick Oranzi wrote:

they are completely useless.

That is only because you want them to be 'completely useless'. There is no such
thing as a 'completely useless' part if you use your brain and imagination. Look
at all the MOCs made with "bad parts" they turn out to be VERY useful...

heh, you know you can substitute ANY theme in place of "castle" in that last
paragraph. Classic Space people can (more rightfully IMHO) say the same thing.
Town people can say the same thing. Heck, even SW people are crying out for MORE
sets and MORE figures. I have noticed many people are just never happy, and your
post really points that out. You HAVE lots of parts you can use - if you NEED
Lego to put a boxed set in front of you for you to be able to make a castle
whatever than I truly pity you. The recent marketplace (I believe thats the name
of it) MOCS are truly amazing and proof you do not need to depend on Lego to put
a boxed castle set in your lap.

Hey, guess what -- take a number! There is a long list of themes that are right
there with you.

This missesthe point.  I am a castle builder.  I dont need bionicle pieces when
making a castle.  Just because the pieces exist, i should not have to use them.
Why make something from bad pieces when pieces suitted to my theme are
available.  Castles were made of stones adn bricks and wood, not legs or claw
pieces.  As far as the comment about other themes needing pieces, they have sets
to take pieces from.  Town has sets, SW has sets, they get new sets too, castle
has been a while without anything new.  I suppose now, if we are short on
minifigs, we could build huge armies of BF but whats the point if all they can
fight are toa's.  Its not about creativity, its about having tools to make
something work.  One doesnot build a bionicle out of basic bricks just as one
doesnt build a castle out of bionicle masks.  I have built castle long enough to
realize what i need.  i have built much over the past years with very little
castle sets but still, for the job, they are the best.  To say we should just
make do, because we can use pieces from other themes leads to the question, why
bother having themes at all?  Its to have the right parts for the right job.  I
dont build a porsche out of toothpicks even if they are more
available.Bioniclers (is that what you call yourselves?) must realize that we
are castlers, we have different needs, you have your theme, we want ours.