 Castle / 18614
Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:04:38 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mark Papenfuss wrote:

Ah but you see - thats EXACTLY how rumors start. And guess what - the *rumors*
were not true - the new castle sets are NOT Bionicle. Granted, they are not
minifig scale but they are NOT Bionicle.

Mark,

These are large-scale action figures built with many non-System pieces (though
perhaps not as much as Bionicle).  There is a small number of key
characters--each with their own color and emblem (compare to Bionicle
element)--with some pre-set story line (apparently).  While I agree that these
are not Bionicle, perhaps you can see why many who build primarily in System see
these as part of the same general class.*

For the record, I'm not particularly up in arms, just disappointed after hearing
rumors of "knights' kingdom" and thinking it would be an extension of the System
castle line of the same name.

Bruce

*Galidor, too, though that is even further from traditional building.  Bionicle
and apparently Knights' Kingdom at least involve pieces that can be put together
in different ways and interact to greater or lesser extent with System pieces.
Yes, there are MOCs that incorporate Galidor pieces via Technic pin
construction, but to me these look like the horrible mutant toys from the bad
kid's room in Toy Story (just my opinion, no offense to those who have
incorporated Galidor elements into System MOCs).