 Castle / 18547
Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 04:56:41 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nick Oranzi wrote:
Just because the pieces exist, i should not have to use them.
     You don't.

Why make something from bad pieces...
     There are no bad pieces..only bad little children.

As far as the comment about other themes needing pieces, they have sets
to take pieces from.
     So do you.
     "Here, this time, close the helmet's blast plate."

...castle has been a while without anything new.
     So build something new, and show us what castle needs.

but whats the point if all they can fight are toa's.  Its not about creativity, its about having tools to make
something work.
     It IS about creativity.  IF (he says pointedly) one has creativity, one
does indeed have the tools needed.  Have there been any landscaping sets?  But
Takeshi Itou makes some incredible landscapes - because he has creativity.  Are
there biblical minifigs?  But the Rev. Brendan Powell Smith makes convincingly
different cultures and building styles - because he has creativity.
     If all you can think about is "only" being able to fight Toas, then you're
not thinking hard enough.  The pieces you need are out there; they may not be in
a castle set as named, but they're there.

Why bother having themes at all?  Its to have the right parts for the right job.
     You say this as if that's the only way to get the parts you need.  Buy
'bricks and stones' from S@H, or Bricklink if you're not happy with what TLC
offers.  Buy models from an independent modeler if it absolutely must be castle
themed; chances are, some of those parts came from other themes.
     Or, you sound as if TLC is obliged and commanded to give you the exact set
you expected.  It's the unexpected that's kept TLC interesting and growing over
the decades; it may not be perfect for you, but someone will probably like it.
     Nobody is forcing you to buy Lego parts, and nobody says you must now build
your castles using bionicle parts.

we have different needs, you have your theme, we want ours.
     You have yours, too.  You just act as if it has to be prepackaged, that you
need to be told exactly what something is, to build with it.  Maybe that works
for you.  But I don't want anyone telling me what I have to do with my pieces;
there are too many possibilities, and pieces from any theme can be used to build
whatever I'm working on.

     You're making way too much of this.  Buy from other themes, take what you
want to use, then sell the rest.  Open up your mind to the possibilities, and be
creative about how you see pieces being used - otherwise, you're just ruining
your own fun and making yourself grumpy over something insignificant.
     "Much to learn yet...not ready, this one."

Peace and Long Life,
Tw0nst3r