 Castle / 18540
Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:22:30 GMT

Hello!

I find it funny that Castle fans are the most vocal about being 'left behind' by
LEGO, while Castle received two Legends and a MOC set which are absolutely
fantasic.

You are right, those sets are great. However, it leads me to another thought:

LEGO doesn't care about us castle-heads. What, they release such great sets and
I say they don't care? Now, they don't do much to keep us quiet. We complain
that we don't get Castle sets? So they step into their archieves and bring back
an old set. They don't make an effort to create new sets like they do for every
other theme. No, they just throw us some great sets from glorious times to our
feet and we are like "Woohoo!" and "Thank you so much, TLC!" and don't dare to
complaine anymore because we feel committed to be thankful. Or even better, they
let others do their work, namely Daniel Siskind.

TLC rather invests in new molds for
One-times-play-with-and-never-ever-again-toys like this:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7435

(I greatly doubt that a two-year-old nowadays has much different demands than
they had 20 years ago. Simple DUPLO bricks made us become people who are
creative and use their imagination. Why does anybody think that the
two-year-olds these days need such premolded things? And who expects them to
become as creative and imagination-using as we are, who we had just simple DUPLO
bricks to start our LEGO-life with?)

Bye
Jojo