 Castle / 18548
Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 05:27:35 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tim Courtney wrote:

I find it funny that Castle fans are the most vocal about being 'left
behind' by LEGO, while Castle received two Legends and a MOC set which are
absolutely fantasic. Plus, many Castle parts exist on the market today
(albeit in Harry Potter form). Just a simple observation ... it seems to me
that Castle-heads neglect the favor LEGO has bestowed on them by the
re-released sets. But, that's just my simple opinion.

-Tim

Hi Tim,
You have a good point, sometimes we get so focused on what we don't like that we
forget about the millions of things we do like. The three Castle sets out there
are great and I have bought several of each. But two of those sets have been out
for 2 years, and the other has been out for a year. (I am trying really hard not
to whine about it.) If no new Castle sets are released soon, I will probably buy
several more.

I am strictly a castle builder; my interest is in getting more parts to build
castles. The Harry Potter sets, the Orient Expedition sets, the Pirate sets, and
the Town sets all have SOME good parts I can use, but they all have a lot of
parts that I will never use.

There isn't much I can do with a handful of sand green bricks in a castle
construction - unless I buy a lot more Harry Potter sets just to get more sand
green bricks. So I just throw them in the box with the Dobby Heads, the Hagrid
Bodys, the Onion Domes, the Anchors, and the Car Windsheilds I will never use. I
could sell them I suppose, if I had enough to make it worthwhile. So now I have
to decide if I should buy enough sets to make it worthwhile to sell the extra
stuff just so I can get my hands on some good parts.

I agree with the philosophy that "there are no useless parts" but I also have to
ask "how useful is this part?" I am getting quite a collection of "not very
useful" parts.

Even though I complain, I still think TLC makes great toys and I will continue
to buy from them. I just wish they would make it a little easier.

Stephen