 Castle / 18530
Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:40:01 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nick Oranzi wrote:
I have
seen parts used in space as well but as far as town, pirate, trains, boats,
and especially castle, and whatever else, they are completely useless.

Nick,

     I disagree.

     Bionicle parts would make fantastic castle and ship decorations (a la
Dragonlance and other fantasy settings), wonderful futuristic trains, excellent
machinery parts in town heavy equipment.  And they seem perfect for mecha.

     Like the new motto I've read asks, "What will YOU make?"  It all comes down
to your creativity in using the parts.  I really have come to believe that there
are no 'bad' parts out there.  I've seen Belleville parts used well in space
applications, I've seen space parts used in town applications, and more.  .Space
has embraced this creativity in it's 'seed part' idea, with interesting results.

     If you feel left out, it's because you're not building creatively with what
is out there instead of expecting the creativity to be given to you by TLC.
Here's a challenge for you:  build an interesting castle-themed MOC
incorporating pieces from Bionicle and three other themes.  Before you say
"Whatever!", give it a try, and I bet you'll be surprised at what you can come
up with.

     I think people are carrying the "I demand xxxx set NOW" thing way too far.
Just play.  The possibilities are limited only by what you can think up.

Peace and Long Life,
Tw0nst3r