 Castle / 18511
Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 01:02:52 GMT

In lugnet.castle, William Lister wrote:
Hi All, • Backatcha!

Not sure how many are left since Classic-Castle, but I must draw your attention
to a crisis in Castle. It appears TLC has decided to bring back the Castle line
in a Bionicle-like theme.

Okay, i think i have to announce this. Im a bionicle nut. Bionicle is absolute
junk now after they went and ripped the plot to shreds, but i still collect old
bionicle and i still flame the new junk their making. So i just thought i would
confess that im a Castle lover and a Bionicle lover.

The world is over and if this rumors proves true, I will not be buying any LEGO
sets at all until such time as TLC decides to return castle to some semblance of
its former glory.

Boycott time! How about this: TLC returns itself and all its lines to its former
glory. Face it- if you think this is bad, how about this? All of TLC is falling
apart. I just got my new S@H and its totally destroyed- its design and its
contents are little more then plastic scrap.

Thats right, I am going to hit a retail dark ages and not by "Any" retail Lego
sets. I will instead either save my money or get my castle fix from another
company, thats right, for the first time in 23 years of Lego building and
collecting, I will buy the Megablocks Dragon line.

Beh, go into buying some Warhammer (www.games-workshop.com) miniatures or
something. Its a good alternate way to spend lotsa money.

I will not scrap my collection or anything crazy, but my thousands of dollars in
retail spending just walked out the door, I will no longer promote Lego in my
community either, an act that I know has over the last few years netted TLC tens
of thousands of dollars. We have been begging for new castle sets and this is
what they gift us with. BAH and Double BAH.

Ive been begging them for some line that isnt Legend and doesnt mix the
following stuff: Stupid, Technic, Dumb, System, moronic, Duplo, idiocy, and
Bionicle. As far as i can tell *flips through new S@H* Everything in here exept
Legend is a perfect mix of the above listed.

Here is the Page that lists the new sets:
http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/70896.htm

Cant read dat.

Here is a description of the new castle sets:
http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/70489.htm

Same for dat one.

And below is the translated version of the German Text

Whew.

Knight's Kingdom (knight) is resumed as Actionserie. 5 knights in Bionicle
design. Everyone approx. 20cm highly, 11 movable axles, altogether however
better with resources combinably (have still a few burls). The 5 different coat
of arms sign (wolf, bear, eagle, ape, scorpio) is above all interesting, which
make themselves certainly in each system castle good as Wandbehang.

20 cm? Coolness! Finially, something i can add to my bionicle collection. Maby
something like "Warriors from Metru-Nui" or "Lords of Chaos" or something like
that which can terrorize my bionicles....But other then the above uses, i dont
see how in the world this even remotely resembles Lego Castle.

Tremble with fear at how far TLC is off the mark, I have been involved with
several public showing of my castle creation and the kids always ask how they
can get parts to build "real" castles. I guess my response from now on will be
no where, wait a few years and maybe we will see castles sold at retail again.

Dont count on seeing that. I think that TLC will soon become nothing but
Bionicle, Promotions (Galidor ETC) and Creator sets (bugs, etc). Sad, Sad.

This is the most disapointed I have been in TLC in 23 Years.

Mmm. Lets just say i have been dissapointed with all of TLC for the last year
and a half. Crummy website, Crummy toy lines, Crummy magazine, Crummy comics,
Crummy Plots- Pretty soon all of our community will be buried in crumbs.

WL

A Raving Lunatic.