 Castle / 18591
RE: Boycot the New Castle Knight Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 03:30:02 GMT

Houses for bionukel Castle.... think PLAYMOBIL..... large one use pieces...
takes 2 mins to put the 'castle' together.... that's what you'll get for
extra large figs...

Tamy
Hoping she's not right....

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Bartek Jankowski
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 4:03 PM
To: lugnet.castle@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Boycot the New Castle Knight Sets

William,

I do not know if boycoting is the way to go.  Its only six sets like the
original Bionicle Toa they are testing the market. If lego sees that castle
themed sets sell they will eventualy have to make homes for these extra
large
knights. Extra large knights need extra large castles, so you might get more
brick than you think.

I might pick one or two up just to see how they look. But than this is
comming
from someone who has a lot of Bionicle sets, so I am no as adverse to trying
new
things as some people.

Bartek

In lugnet.castle, William Lister wrote:
I started a bit of a flame war between castle heads and Bionical, and that • was
never the intention. I may not personally like Bionical sets, but that • doesn't
mean they were "useless" or ill-conceived. The sale of Bionical has • brought TLC
back into profitability after a few languishing years and that has in • general
been positive for all Lego enthusiasts.

That being said, the new "Knight" Series is even worse than I had imagined • I
will never purchase these sets, nor will I encourage anyone else to buy • them. I
would have to say that these sets are by far the most disappointing thing • I have
ever seen TLC produce. This is the "castle" stuff we have been waiting • for?

Come on TLC its time to step up and give us some new "system" castle sets.
Almost every set we have seen previewed for 2004 has little value to a • castle
builder. Sure there are no "useless parts, but when you want to build a • tower,
you can't do it with greeblies and bionical arms. Remember folks, Lego is
expensive, it is worth our money to purchase sets that do not have enough • parts
for what we want to build? It is not a question of creativity it is a • question
of logistics, what is the best way to build a wall? With brick of course, • so
where are the bricks for building a castle wall? Shop@Home? Yes, • Pick-a-Brick?
Yes, at large retail outlets where most people purchase their Lego? NO...

And that is the point, when I am at a train show with tons of children • asking me
where they can buy castles to make stuff like mine, what do I tell them? • Ask
Mommy and Daddy to buy it on the Internet? That is the only option • available to
most people and it is also the option most passed over by parents when
considering toy purchases. You should see little faces fall when you tell • them
that Lego only sells castles on the Internet. Most kids know their parents • won't
buy stuff from the Internet.

If we lose the intrest of the children, we will lose our theme entirely. • This is
why we need to see the return of a "system" castle line.

WL