 Castle / 18557
Re: Why we need a true castle theme
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:52:05 GMT

The last official Castle line was generally poor, in my opinion, but I just had
to have the figures.  Yes, I draft figures and accessories from other lines, I
print stickers, I buy stuff from the Little Armory, but nothing truly replaces
having the actual figures available from Lego, or the inspiration of the actual
sets on young minds.

Another trouble you touched on is out of sight, out of mind.  Without actual
sets, the theme is marginalized.  Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but
eventually.  Look at Pirates - yes, it has its fans, but few new fans are
recruited.

One of the troubles is theme overlap.  Harry Potter is too close to Castles to
support both lines, as are Star Wars and Space.  The overlap is not so obvious
with Adventurers and Pirates, but I've always felt that as long as Adventurers
is available, Pirates will not make a return.

Maybe less extensive lines and more themes?  Certainly the Harry Potter theme is
restrictive in the sense that they adventure in the same Castle every
book/movie.  Dunno, but I want regular Castles back with new releases.

-->Bruce<--