 Castle / 11200 (+100)
  Re: A New Project to Check Out

(...) Jay, You've got some cool stuff up there! I think the 10th Crystal poster (URL) great, just like a promotional movie poster. The background descriptions for each of the crystals are neat, and the variety of people that you have constructed is (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: NEW 2002!!! MONSTERS!!! YODA!!!

(...) These new sets sound ok, but I bet they'll all include some pointless figs, such as *yet another* cameraman! When is TLG going to put out some Studio sets that are actually useful. How about some lighting rigs that actually light up?! I know (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone working on any Massive castle projects???

(...) Hi, Yes please do I want to see your large Yellow castle. I love castle building and its really the only type of building I do with Lego. P.S. I love the rain and fog! I wished it did so where I am now, unfortunately California Never Rains! (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone working on any Massive castle projects???

(...) I am going to be starting to work on a (city) hall for my Lego Town. I am using some Castle elements, and a vast amount of bulk bricks..... I want it to "feel" like it belongs in a town, but yet have all the ancient look of a midieval-type (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Small Medieval City Building

(...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Small Medieval City Building

Sorry for the double post. Rendered Instructions and DAT file now available, if anyone is interested. (URL) sure that I made FAR too many steps, but I figure using BrickShelf, people can just skip to what they want to see anyway. Thanks to Jeff Boen (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Small Medieval City Building

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anthony Sava" <savatheaggie@yahoo.com> (...) you've put a (...) the door (...) city (...) them out (...) house effect, (...) Thanks Anthony, Actually, through the magic of virtual Lego (using MLCad in particular) (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A New Project to Check Out

(...) (URL) black and white can speak louder than color ever could :) -- Pawel (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New here, introducing myself

[X-posted to .castle] (Did I do this OK?) Hi Pawel, "Pawel Nazarewicz" <verneer@utk.edu> wrote in message news:Go91IJ.BJ9@lugnet.com... (...) [snip] (...) Thanks! I can surely return the compliment for the lighthouse you posted recently. You seem to (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people.newbie)

  "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

Hi everyone - I was just fooling around on lego.com and found something that may be of interest: (URL) not heard of this, and a quick search here on Lugnet didn't turn up anything - is this a new, heretofore unknown release? In any case, way to go (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

Great job Dan, that must be a great honor to have your MOC sold by LD as a set. Good to see you rewarded for your hard work. jt (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) HOLY CRIPES! That is so cool! Where did this program come from, and why haven't we heard of it yet? Here's the text from the page: The first set created by a LEGO Fan! This special set is the first in the “My Own Creation” series, featuring (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

i just got off the phone with a S@H rep, she said it would be available to order on Jan. 30. awesome stuff!! Congrats Dan!!!! i wonder... is it light blue or is the color balance in the photo wrong.... (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

Wow, did the world just change? (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) Well, it's not heretofore unknown per se: (URL) just heretofore unknown as a *LEGO* release. :-) It is particularly fitting that this has come to light on the very day that is arguably the Guild of Bricksmiths anniversary, since it was on 13 (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) What intrigues me the most is the price per element on that thing. It's approx. $0.06 USD an element. That's a pretty good deal for new bricks. -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) Excellent! I noticed that a few modifications--which look like improvements, really--have been made from the original GoB kit. Good timing, though! :) And although I've said it via email: congrats and kudos to Dan. Woohoo! (And from TLC it's a (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) Dan, nice, very nice to see this! The blacksmith was / is excellent work and it's worth to be the first "AFOL-set". Viele GRüße, René (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) Congrats to Dan, and-- Bravo, Lego, BRAVO! (Kinda puts Cypress-gate into perspective, eh? ;-) Kevin (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  three fantastic castles

Hello, there are three new entries for the ISCC, three wonderful castles! #26 Castle with Keep (James Stacey, United Kingdom) (URL) story- #28 Wizard's Castle (Patrick Bosman, The Netherlands) (URL) castle is occupied by seven wizards and several (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) yes!!!--for the better--woohoo LEGO!!! jeff (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Light'Ader

Well, be sure to let us know when your maps are ready. I'm also interested in seeing your keep. I'm currently working on another non-castle project that I might enter into the ISCC. I want to build some castle stuff, but I always end up going town (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) (URL) wait to see what’s next from the “My Own Creation” Series… Will it parallel the Legends Line in sequence and availability? (...) Indeed, I too would +LOVE+ to get some details on the whole process! (...) Lego Direct is a little (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: A New Project to Check Out

(...) Thanx to everyone for the compliments! I'm workin hard to make this stoyline work well, so feedback is great :) And if you haven't seen it yet, here's the link again. (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

Coming next - Bloodstone Castle - $850.00 :) (URL) Pawel (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) *steal* for that castle! :D (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) I know ... and you don't think $39.99 is a steal for THIS?!?!? Trying to make a point and on a natural high right now ... -- Pawel (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  My thoughts ...

I wanted to put the two pictures side-by-side and figured others might want to do some comparing as well, along with having the links all there: (URL) also written up what I think about all this (since I might as well do it on my page while I'm at (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) I totally know what you're saying Pawel. This is like every castle head's dream come true! Coolness beyond words, possibly to the point of whimpering in delight. lol. So when will the code be broken over what's to come next? I REQUIRE more (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) Well, of course! But $850, even at TLC mass-production price points, would be GREAT for a Dan Castle! :) (...) Heh. Well, it's only a month away... best LFB (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) Great set! Only one question: Why, LEGO, why only in the USoA ????? Is the rest of the world not 'good enough' to get these kind of gems? (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: three fantastic castles

(...) chappel) even more than the impressive + huge amount of the worthful 375 knights! I have seen more than one auction on ebay with partly ridicolous high prices, which has been won by Jürgen. Now at last I know what he did with all this old (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle fans sleeping?

Hi all! I'm just a train fan, but I think nobody around here has mentioned this so far? (URL) new castle set (and a civil one like the GI!) with number 3739 has appeared at S@H. Leg Godt! Ben (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle fans sleeping? (sorry -I was the one who had not reloaded the browser)

(...) far? (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle fans sleeping? (sorry -I was the one who had not reloaded the browser)

(...) Ah, Ben, perhaps it is *you* who has been sleeping? Check out the top story on the LUGNET homepage: (URL) more, it was created by an AFOL! -John (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Moc - A thought

Fantastic news, and congrats Dan. Is that a dream come true or what! A thought though, first the legends line, now the MOC's, in both cases castle is chosen first. are we the most ardent fans who will buy anything castle, or the most discerning, a (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

WOW! I haven't been this amazed legowise since the day I realised that Brickfest 2001 was going to happen within spiting distance of where I live (about 48 hours before it kicked off). Awesome MOC, Dan, I'll need to get my hands on a few of those. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) I with Pawel on this, I am complete stoked about this. A set by an AFOL being sold by Lego? Wooohoooo!!! And the price, even better, I know this will make me think twice about the after Christmas sales. -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears Michlug (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

Wow, wow, WOW!!! Words fail me. I want one. Wow. That is great - the set was great to begin with, the price is ridiculously attainable and great value, and I only wish I could get it in time as an Xmas present (did I say that out loud...?). Just (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

Hi Paul, Which location are you in? I don't think this is USA only, it certainly shows up when I click my former home country - UK. Richard Morton Chief Brick Sorter! (URL) <mark.de.kock@NOSPAM.home.nl> wrote in message news:GoBpGL.Ju6@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) That Blacksmith Shop is incredible! They kept all the best parts of Dan's already impressive MOC, and even went above and beyond, adding details like the attic, torches, and weapons rack. This is probably the first thing I've seen from Shop at (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

As a happy purchaser of the 'original' of this set from www.brickmania.com, I'd like to throw in my 2 cents. a) It's a wonderful set. Between the details Dan threw into the interior, to the sturdy walls, to the ivy on the outside. It was a joy to (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: three fantastic castles

(...) Wonderful little castle. (...) Wonderful big castle. (...) Mein Gott! Bruce (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) further connects (in my mind) to building, founding, and guilds... :) -H. (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) In addition to the posts suggesting it may be available in the UK, it is also possible that LD has simply not yet worked out the details of distribution. I haven't even seen a formal announcement from them on the set, or the series. I suspect (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) But if I never buy a house, where will I put this collection of LEGO that currently fills several rooms in my apartment?? =) -H. (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) Uhhhh What is going on?!? Why hasn't LEGO said anything about this before. I must have any info anyone can give me! OMG. I just had a thought. What if some of the Bricktopia buildings made it into this MOC program. No words would desrcibe how (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) It's called a leak, almost certainly unintentional on TLC's part... -John (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

Hello everyone! I was as surprised and to see this post as anyone last night. I obviously knew of this set, but I don't think this is how LD intended to unveil their first MOC product. I don't mean to scold the folks of Lugnet for jumping the gun, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

In lugnet.castle, Allen Carley writes: <snip> (...) I'm guessing the attic was added as a way to sure up the roof a bit. The version of this that I had seen seemed a bit "fragle" in the roof area. Adding the attic is a great way to tighten things up (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) I hope so too, but when comparing the different inventories of the US and Dutch shop at home sites, it doesn't seem likely. Check out the mega-track set that is not available in the red-white-and-blue of The Netherlands. And it's been in the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) Hi everyone (but expecially Dan and the FINE folks at LD) - Now I feel really bad about posting about this set yesterday. I found it on the Lego website, so I assumed that it was public knowledge, and that I was simply out of the loop. I had (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) I'm in the US. For me the set is currently listed as "Not Available" (but I expect that will change :-)). I don't know about other countries. - Paul (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) Were you paid in LEGO bricks? Now *that* would have been cool !! <grin> Seriously though, thanks for your post. It was both informative and enlightening on a subject we would all agree is most wonderfully cool... :) -H. (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Well design dilemma!

I have a problem! I'm Lego-ing as usual and I'm stuck. I have lot's of ideas but I just can't choose. Usually it's the other way around...:) I have built five slightly different well designs and I would really appreciate it if someone would tell me (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) Uh-oh. It seems I spoke too soon. <puts on the cloack of shame> Now the Blacksmith Shop is also to be seen in the Dutch section, under 'Hard to Find'. No price and 'not available', but the picture is there. LD, I apologize for my quick jump (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Well design dilemma!

(...) appreciate (...) Elin, I am digging design 4. The use of the lightsaber handles with the jewel is nifty, and regal. -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears Michlug - (URL) Page - (URL) Store - (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

fantastic! how do they choose? i hope they'll do the same with Chris' wizard's tower (URL) would be great (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) As someone who saw a version of it 'in progress' last night, I'll vouch for it being "truly amazing"!! Congrats from the whole GMLTC, Dan. You've definitely brought a LOT of creativity and skills to our little club. We can't wait to see what (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Well design dilemma!

(...) is blessed or sacred, then it's a whole other story :) -- Pawel (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

I just wonder whether lego just want to control business or they realised that these sets actually have a wide interest. If this is the first one, then I hope the future will be brighted up with more.... Sonnich www.hot.ee/sonnich/lego/ Larry (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Chapter two of my Unnamed chronicles up

Here's the second installment of the adventures of Xander and Serena, plus the first pictures of my latest MOC (which will be published some time this weekend.) Find Into the Woods at: (URL) if you missed the first chapter, start at: (URL) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle) !

  Review of 4712: Troll on the Loose

Since I got it at TRU, I put together a review of it: (URL) me know what you think could be added to the review format to allow the buyer to make a more informed decision. -- Pawel (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Chapter two of my Unnamed chronicles up

(...) the middle of this comic I caught myself (at first I didn't realize I was doing it) laughing out loud while reading. It was like sipping a cool soda - very refreshing. I really like the chemistry of Xander and Serena. The whole plot is very (...) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Chapter two of my Unnamed chronicles up

(...) My wife did the same thing while she was reading it. I wanted to at least elicit a few chuckles. It's nice to get that kind of reaction. (...) That's my favorite story style, where the characters don't quite take themselves completely (...) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Finally! 3 new buildings from the Realm of Velaria!

Hey guys! Been workin hard on the revamped series, so i figured while im taking pictures for the story, i'd take pics of the 3 buildings i have yet to photograph. I uploaded about 20 or so new pics on my Brickshelf account, under the places folder. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Xander's Airship: The Athena

Stop me before I create again! As promised, here are details of the Athena, Xander's airship (from chapter 2 of the finally named Xander's Quest Castle World story). (URL) you're there, check out the second chapter of Xander's Quest if you missed my (...) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

Well, I said it over in lugnet.direct, and I'll say it here too (without crossposting even ;) ). This is AWESOME! It's a great set, it's an awesome price, I'll be buying at least one, if not more (if I hadn't just gone to Italy AND Walt Disney (...) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Well design dilemma!

(...) Yes, 3 4 and 5 are the nicest for a palace invronment. Now there are other factors of course :) 1) Who is it used by? 2) Where in the Palace is it located? If it is a secluded well for the servents, but still has to look nice, then #3, to show (...) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: c1970 castle

Anyone know of this very old castle? Could it be related to 1589 (Town Square) from 1978? (This is very close to 1592 from 1983.) Maybe Weetabix promotion. I don't remember any talk of older castles than those. And they aren't really castles. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Xander's Airship: The Athena

(...) wings as a main sail. It's nice to see a green MOC too. Not many green ones out there. :^) ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  new pics posted

hello, the "limited" number of local lego enthusiasts that got to see my latest projects on Friday, (Dec. 14/ 2001), were interested in the models I had put together. I brought the church (which I will post once I get another camera - to take some (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle)

  Re: new pics posted

(...) ummmmghhh....here is the link: (URL) links should work!! (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle)

  Re: three fantastic castles

(...) Mein Gott-Mann, das ist und erstaunt gerade absolut! drool drool drool..... gets bucket Tamy (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Xander's Airship: The Athena

I've refrained from posting comments on airships, out of a combination of envy as well just not being extremely impressed, but i simply can't restrain myself on this one.... wonderful work, definitely my favorite so far. Very unique and well (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Finally! 3 new buildings from the Realm of Velaria!

(...) These MOCs are great! I especialy like the "Temple of the White Crystal" and that lion head of yours. :) I have tried many times to do something similar but have never gotten close to as good looking as yours. Looking forward to seeing more! (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Finally! 3 new buildings from the Realm of Velaria!

Hi Jay! Good stuff! You've got some nicely done things there. I especially liked the Lion figurine on top of Gallstorme city. You've got the workings of a sculpture there! I liked the use of green pieces (both HP and aquazone, CMIIW) on top of the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Well design dilemma!

(...) Hi Elin! I'm also leaning to the latter three designs. However, I like #5 the least. #4 is a bit over-decorative and like Pawel said, #3 is sweet'n'simple. *But* if this is a very lavish kingdom, or a sacred well, or anything, I'd ssay (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Chapter two of my Unnamed chronicles up

(...) Thanks for the heads-up - I *did* miss the first chapter and found them both very funny! I like your writing. I am still not convinced about the comic-book style but I'm beginning to like it. I also noticed you added a characters' page which (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Xander's Airship: The Athena

(...) a minority here, wouldn't it?...) but I like the interior design on yours. Woowoo, a double bed, I guess Xander and Serena are real close, huh? <grin> Plus, like Mark, I admire the use of ninja wings as sails here. Clever usage, definitely. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Xander's Airship: The Athena

(...) Thanks. I had all these ninja wings laying around and figured that they could look like somebody pieced together a big sail out of them. Besides, what else are they good for? :) I really like working in green as well, for some reason. Maybe (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Xander's Airship: The Athena

(...) For some reason, I had in my brain the Wraith from the old early 1990's cartoon Pirates of Dark Water, but that was before I was actually able to track down a picture of said wraith after I'd finished building the Athena and realized that they (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Xander's Airship: The Athena

(...) Hehe. Space is at a premium on an airship of this size, so of course they're going to share the bed. But yes, they do have a pretty comfortable relationship ;) As for doing an airship, I needed one in order to be able to change locales (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Finally! 3 new buildings from the Realm of Velaria!

(...) well in this setting. I also like the rock (boulder?) on top of the chimney. This makes for a nice effect. The trees around the building are also good - whenever you can liven up a place with nature, you get bonus points :) The usage of (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Xander's Airship: The Athena

(...) mysterious ways and ends up being very aesthetically pleasing. I too liked the ninja wings to be used for sails, as well as the details that went into the interior. Overall, the whole ship is sturdy looking, and elements just "fit" - like they (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Finally! 3 new buildings from the Realm of Velaria!

(...) The prison door room is the well guarded dwelling place of Preistess Bark's Green Crystal of earth. sorry for not having that in the descriptions. :) The arches and gates combo wall is a section of the perimeter wall around LeafeLocke Hall. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Finally! 3 new buildings from the Realm of Velaria!

(...) Hey Shiri! Tahnx for the feedback. yeah, i know my pic qualty is poor. I'm currently using a PC camera to take pics, so the quality is alsways gonna be poor. I even used Kai's photosoap to try and clean em up, but that's how they turned out. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Finally! 3 new buildings from the Realm of Velaria!

(...) I really don't know how i did the Lion Head for Gallstorme. Originally it was going to be a flat mosaic of the KK Lion crest, but it ended up as a 3d model. :) I could try and make a .dat file of the head for you, if you like. -Jay P.S. - I (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: c1970 castle

"Erik Olson" <erik@olson.pair.com> wrote in message news:GoEsu9.7Cv@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) I know which set it is, and somewhere I have a picture. It's a primarily white castle that was a Weetabix promotion in the late '60's or early '70's. I (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Finally! 3 new buildings from the Realm of Velaria!

(...) that would be SOOO COOOL!! you're stuff is very cool, especially the lion head castle (i dunno the name, sorry) and the surrounding city area. i am amazed at how good the red and white buildings look. as per your question about picture (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bloodstone Castle

If I actually could save up $850 to spend on LEGOS, and your Bloodstone castle went on sale, I would be so emotionally torn as to whether I should buy it or just save up another $150 to buy a life time pass to LEGOland. On the one hand the life (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bloodstone Castle

(...) As LFB pointed out, I was just kidding about putting a $850.00 sticker on the Bloodstone Castle. I think that a 2-3K figure is much more like it, but once the instructions and shipping would be factored in, the figure would really be around 3K (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Finally! 3 new buildings from the Realm of Velaria!

(...) Running out of bricks is a good excuse, as long as you promise to make amends and buy more bricks as soon as you can ;) (...) As soon as it is finished up to my satisfaction, I plan to roll quite a few people through there to get the most (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Finally! 3 new buildings from the Realm of Velaria!

Thanx Lenny! With geniuses of LEGO MOCs and Stories like Pawel, Anthony Sava, and Adrian Drake as peers, I find myself pushing my creations further. The .dat file for the Lion Head is on it's way, and should be done by next week. Also, that Picture (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Finally! 3 new buildings from the Realm of Velaria!

Pawel, Good idea! I'd gladly take up an invitation to Blut'Ader! To prove it, I've made a little side story! ---...---Story Begining---...--- Kane Ghostulle, Pedagouge of majickal arts at the Temple of the White Crystal, stood inside the dome shaped (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  ANDRASTAVIA CHAPTER 2....!!!!

a land of myth and mystery... a time of knights and maidens... a world of magic... ...where lego... is the only world... (URL) 2 will be hitting the internet world very soon....!!! After 1 year of planning, building writing and photographing.... The (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: NEW 2002!!! MONSTERS!!! YODA!!!

I bet the monster sets will be a tie-in with the Scooby-Doo movie. -gyug (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle)

  New Building

Well, I've had some pieces lying around that I wanted to use to make a new house. This is what I came up with. I called it "Baron Brice's Home" (URL) you all like it! I currently haven't completed the whole inside, so, I will post those when it's (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: New Building

(...) of parts from the Guarded Inn works very well - the octagonal tower with black lattice windows also does the trick - the red slope finishes it off nicely. Also - what are those chimney looking things lined up parallel next to one another? (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Building

I like it a lot, As Pawel said the corner turret is really good, I happen to like the bottom floor also, Its plain but you wouldn't want it to be too fussy or it'd detract from the top floor. I've been toying with my HP pieces and I just can't seem (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact