 Castle / 11241
Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:44:44 GMT

As a happy purchaser of the 'original' of this set from www.brickmania.com,
I'd like to throw in my 2 cents.

a) It's a wonderful set.  Between the details Dan threw into the interior,
to the sturdy walls, to the ivy on the outside.  It was a joy to build and
display.

b) 40 bucks is an amazing price.

c) I'm interested in knowing the differences between the 'original' and Lego
Direct 'official' versions.  I'm noticed the chiminy, the new 'attic', and
what looks like Queen Leonora (apparently, the blacksmith has made enough
money that his wife no longer has to help out.  Good for him!).  I can't
make out some of the other changes in the interior, but it looks like they
are there.

d) Can we expect to see more of Dan's awesome creations through Lego Direct,
he asks looking sadly at his bank account.  Never buy a house, never!

Allen

In lugnet.castle, Paul Hanson writes:
Hi everyone -

I was just fooling around on lego.com and found something that may be of
interest:

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?id=
%7B7B7F061E%2DEE40%2D11D5%2D8027%2D0008C7CAA0DE%7D

I've not heard of this, and a quick search here on Lugnet didn't turn up
anything - is this a new, heretofore unknown release?

In any case, way to go Dan! It's a cool-looking set (and a fine value, too!)

- Paul