 Castle / 11283
Re: Finally! 3 new buildings from the Realm of Velaria!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 17:26:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jason Cicchini writes:
1. Leafelocke Hall:

I like the Bionicle mask as a statue piece or an ornamentation.  It works very
well in this setting.  I also like the rock (boulder?) on top of the chimney.
This makes for a nice effect.  The trees around the building are also good -
whenever you can liven up a place with nature, you get bonus points :)  The
usage of cylinder pieces also adds to breaking up the rectangular feel that
the building might have otherwise.

Now - some questions that I have - why is there a prison door on the second
floor facing out?  Is it supposed to be a prison, or ... ?  Also - the arches
and gates to the left of the building - is that a courtyard?  They look a bit
bare  out there on their own :)

2. Grand Gallstorme City:

I really like the overall feel of this building - it's a mixture of sturdiness
and practicality.  Of course the Lion Head is what jumps out at first, and it
definitely steals the show, but I like the little buildings towards the bottom
of the City.  If you added a few more, it would really add the the overall
effect of it!  I also like it being elevated as well as the stairs going up to
the keep itself.

Also - is that a tiny waterfall that high up, or are those blue stairs?  It
would be really cool to have a magical source of water at that height.

3. The Temple of the White Crystal

The trans-green dome fits in nicely in this creation, as does your usage of
tower-tops and columns on the inside.  The multiple arches at the entrance
make for a nice effect and help to add to the 3-D feel of the Temple.  I really
dig the the whole enterance. Nice side ramps to the right and left of the
stairs.

Feedback is welcomed and appreciated!
Later,
-Jay (Rascal King)