 Castle / 11293
Re: Finally! 3 new buildings from the Realm of Velaria!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:10:54 GMT

Thanx Lenny!
With geniuses of LEGO MOCs and Stories like Pawel, Anthony Sava, and Adrian
Drake as peers, I find myself pushing my creations further. The .dat file
for the Lion Head is on it's way, and should be done by next week.
Also, that Picture CD sounds like a good idea. Perhaps I'll borrow a
conventional camera, get myself a 100 watt bulb, and redo these pics.
Thanx for the input, it sure helps!
It's good to know someone awaits my stories :)
-Jay

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
Originally it
was going to be a flat mosaic of the KK Lion crest, but it ended up as a 3d
model. :) I could try and make a .dat file of the head for you, if you like.

that would be SOOO COOOL!!  you're stuff is very cool, especially the lion head
castle (i dunno the name, sorry) and the surrounding city area.  i am amazed at
how good the red and white buildings look.

as per your question about picture quality, i think the big issue is not camera
but lighting.  make sure you have more than enough light all around your
creations. i know most people use digital cameras; personally i use a
conventional camera and then get "picture disc" where they scan the pics for
me, and the key is the light you have available to use.  ive found a 100 watt
bulb pointed directly at your MOC should be good, but also id go to B&N and
look at the photo lighting books for some ideas.  KIM: what looks good to your
eye may not look good to your camera's eye.

i eagerly await your velaria story!

peace
-lenny