 Castle / 11203
Re: Anyone working on any Massive castle projects???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 18:48:56 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Doyle Nelson writes:
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else has been working on any Major castle projects
like myself?

I know with LD not giving us the bulk bricks like we want and sometimes cost
factor can hinder our progress.

Just wondering, haven't really seen much about large gray castles, maybe its
just getting too expensive to do anymore? :-)

Sincerely,
Doyle

I am going to be starting to work on a (city) hall for my Lego Town.  I am
using some Castle elements, and a vast amount of bulk bricks.....
I want it to "feel" like it belongs in a town, but yet have all the ancient
look of a midieval-type building.

I roughly calculated that it will be approx. 32 studs wide, and 64 studs long.
The height is approx. 24 studs high, with a main "gathering room", 10 offices,
a security booth, and a stairwell that goes up to a "visitor's gallery"
/balcony.

Altogether, estimated cost of construction is going to be over $200, not
including pieces already in my possession.  The doors, for one, were
extremely pricey to aquire.

Play Well,

Benjamin Medinets