Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:07:16 GMT

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 02:36:25PM +0000, Jennifer L. Boger wrote:
Quoting Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com>:
I think it's time to call the question. What level of validation do you
(and
Jenn, for that matter, since she voiced a negative with no positive
offered)
think we need? What scheme do you propose we use? Can you get something
concrete on the table to replace (or, alternatively, you could speak up in
support of) the straw man.

I don't see a problem with email validation until it becomes a problem, myself.

that would work with me, if everyone accepts the risk.

Alternatively, we could require a LUGNET membership number unless anyone
disagrees with that idea, so far I've heard no objections - if there are, we can
certainly rethink the idea.

I wouldn't want to require LDraw members to be LUGNET members.

Dan