Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:38:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Amy Hughes writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Larry Pieniazek writes:
1. your real name
2. a working email address
3. and any one of the following
  - a LUGNET member number (which will be checked for uniqueness
  - a FBTB userid (which will be checked as above)
  - a BrickLink userid (as above)
  - a BZPower userid (as above)
  - mail in something that establishes you are a real person. Perhaps
    mail in the letter that ldraw.org mails YOU?

Lemme see...

1) Amy Hughes
2) lugnews@IXNAYONTHEAMSPAYamyhughes.org
3) lugnet # 928

and

1) Nancy Drew
2) ndrew@NYETSPAMthelordshouses.com (yep, that's me)
3) gimme a week or so to create and use an FBTB account

and

1) Fred Smith
2) fsmith7353@BLUGGAaol.com (gimme a minute to set it up)
3) gimme a few minutes to change the name on my bricklink account

and

1) Jessica Atreides
2) ja@CHOPHEREatreides.org (that's me, too)
3) gimme a week or so to create and use a BZPower account

and

1) Feyd Harkonnen
2) fhark@SNIPPETYSNIPharkonnen.org (yeah, I collect domain names)
3) Grandma will wonder what the ldraw letter addressed to Feyd is all about,
but I'll still get it

Five votes. Cool.

OK, so you favor requireing a drivers license or something else more
stringent then? Or restricting it to just LUGNET members only? or what?  And
you're OK if you go to 0 votes if any two of these are discovered to be the
same when probed?

What was your point with this exercise?