Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:03:55 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:

The idea of personally identifiable information is indeed a sensitive one,

Yes.  But we really want to avoid ballot stuffing, personally
identifiable information is needed.  So either we have to give up on
preventing ballot stuffing, or on not exchanging personally identifiable
information.

For the brain-storm:

  * Digital signatures

    Some countries (at least Denmark and Italy) supply their citizens
    with uniquely identifiable (within the country) digital signatures.

    As an addition to that we could have a trusted ballot committee for
    verifying digital signatures of people who haven't got access to a
    national digital signature architecture.

  * Physical meetings

    Doing the voting at an old-fashioned physical meeting is a quite
    effective way of preventing ballot stuffing.

  * Money talks

    We could also simply accept that money talks, and let people have
    votes proportionally to how large a sum they have donated to
    LDraw.org in the last year.

  * Aristocracy

    Drop all this talk about voting and let a self-supplementing
    committee govern LDraw.org.

I am not necessarily in favour of any of the above suggestions.

Play well,

Jacob
--
LEGO furniture: