Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:47:54 GMT

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 04:33:07PM +0000, Orion Pobursky wrote:
I think something Parts Tracker-like would do the job.  You email the system
admin, he puts you in the system.  This puts a human element into voter
registration instaed of some blind webbot.  This also requires you to keep a
current Email address.  Some spoofing is possible but the only way to
completely prevent voter fraud would be to require 'in person' registration
with a copy of a photograph, as you can see this is impossible.

not sure I see where this is any better than requiring a valid email
address?  where valid means you actually have to get your password when
it's mailed to that email.  The problem is, that it's really easy to get
many email accounts.  Inventing a name to go with each isn't hard :/

The real question is how much security do we want?