Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 23:55:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Ross Crawford writes:
Well it would certainly require support from Lugnet, but I don't think it
would require validation of the password - just a confirmation email to the
Lugnet registered email would be good enough I think?

That's another possibility, yes.  The LUGNET server could generate a
cryptographically signed string and e-mail this to a user, who could then
cut and paste the string and submit it to the ldraw.org server, which would
then decode the string with the appropriate public key and verify the integrity
of the member id in question.

I think that could work...  But it might be a lot easier for users just to click
a button on ldraw.org that takes them to a page on lugnet.com and back to
ldraw.org.

--Todd