Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:21:57 GMT

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 04:15:56PM +0000, Tim Courtney wrote:
Would you rather be absolutely sure everyone who votes is unique, which
could lower participation, -OR- would you rather have this open to more
participants with the risk of spoofing votes?

I think easily spoofed votes are unacceptable.  Especially in the
initial phase of the org, when we're electing the board.

I'm not sure how I feel about which end of the spectrum to lean towards. I
want to encourage initial participation, but once an org gets rolling (not
sure what stage to consider that), it would be good to have more
verification. Of course, that's a bridge to cross when we get there.

I'd say first get the org running, and then worry about encouraging more
participation.

Dan