Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:25:07 GMT

Hi Todd -

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Todd Lehman writes:

[...]

Either of these methods would be a reliable way for LDraw.org to know someone
based on their LUGNET member id.  For people like Anders who aren't a LUGNET
member, I could probably make something similar to the second example above
whereby it validates their email address...a function which will be needed
anyway for upcoming changes on LUGNET in May.

The systems you outlined above sound cool. It would be great if this could
help with verifying people based on LUGNET member ID's.

-Tim

PS - are you by chance switching over to the ID system we discussed a while
back, where all get a number, and when you pay for an account additional
features are enabled?