Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:45:55 GMT

Quoting Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com>:

- Buddy system - those who the 4+1 know in person or have spoke with on the
phone can be verified. Those verified individuals can verify others. This
should only go 2 levels deep, IMO.

This seems like it might be difficult.

- LUGNET member number - since the membership is paid, I doubt anyone [1]
has registered twice.

This seems fair to me, but not seem that way to non-lugnet members.

- ID scan with address, and utility bill (I know this one rubbed someone
the
wrong way, but it can be _one_ method, not necessarily _the_ method)

I ABSOLUTELY OPPOSE this.  I also oppose having to enter my credit card number
in anywhere, or show anyone my drivers licence.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a
privacy freak, I just don't honestly see what LDraw needs any of my personal
information for.  I also don't see vote spoofing being a problem that it's been
made it into.  I think it's completely ridiculous that *this* kind of
verification even came up.