Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 02:34:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

Maybe we want dues so we can have official LDraw.org server, that won't be down
weeks at a time.  (putting my flame resistant suit on.)

That's not a bad idea, but it leads to the point that someone (or
someones) will have to accept the dues, track the moneys, pay the
bill(s).  So we'll need a treasurer right away.

1..2..3 not me!

Seriously though, it's a good idea in the long term, but as you seem to
imply, not so feasible in the short term. We have a few more immediate tasks
to occupy ourselves, including getting voting up, getting the LSC off the
ground, tackling outstanding org issues, subsequent elections, etc. Let dues
come into play once there is an actual org, and once the org is doing
something (or plans to do something) that requires funds.

LDraw.org is an international thing, so there could be fees for
converting currency.  Or we could only accept payment in one or two
currencies (ie, US dollars and Euros).  This could be something of an
obstacle for non-US and non-Europe members.

We can cross that bridge when we come to it. :-)

-Tim