Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:41:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, John Riley writes:

[1]  My first attempt at footnoting.  After acheiving independence from
Britain, the 13 original colonies formed a loose confederation.  However,
this form of government was quite weak, and interstate trade was severely
hampered from the need to change currencies at each state line, as the
government was limited mostly to military and diplomatic duties, and no
economic duties.  Thus, several years later, the current Federal system was
born under the Constitution to correct the mistakes of the confederation.

Which brings up an interesting point... a single sign-in/membership system
for the community at large, similar to Passport or similar. Something that
provides a single solution for all organizations/sites that might need to do
something similar. Interesting.

Jake
---
Jake McKee