Subject:
Moving LDraw.org permanently to Peeron?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:12:50 GMT

What does people think about moving LDraw.org permanently to
Peeron?

I have discussed the problem a bit with Dan and Jennifer and they
seem to be positive towards the idea, as long as we can distribute
the heavy traffic (downloading the complete parts library) to more
servers.

I am interested in making the temporary transfer permanent, since
I find it impractical that we depend on a server, which nobody in
the community has physical access to[1].  Since the web-site is on
its way to be converted to a content management system, this is a
sensible time to decide on moving the site.

1) Technically this is also the case for Peeron, but there there
   are paid technicians with physical access.
--
Minifig scale animals:
                            http://jacob.sparre.dk/LEGO/Dyr/