 CAD / Development / *14875 (-100)
  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) Tim, What do you guys think about a total redesign of LDraw.org? The PostNuke interface does make it easy for many people to edit the site--a key reason we did the CMS in the first place. But, it does appear clunky throughout and could really (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) That was when I was not logged in. After logging in, I can see the poll and vote. Checking from another computer without any LDRAW cookies... same message "You already voted". Seems the poll doesn't work unless logged in, even though the text (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) Well, I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want to be a pest but you are seeking opinions. I can never figure out what is going on with the contests. I am interested in them, but to this day I haven't spent the time to figure out (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) Ah, thank you. I was clicking the prominent "March MOTM" poll link at the top of the main page instead of navigating through the contests page. (Maybe the main page link could direct you to the view or vote pages depending on whether you've (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) That's a good idea. I think I'll add that onto the list of thing to be improved. -Orion (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) They fixed the "unable to view" problem a long time ago for the contests. Just go to the contest voting page and click on the view link instead of the vote link, and it will show you the entries. It won't remind you which entry you voted on, (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) I get the same thing: "You already voted." Incidentally, I wanted to mention that I think it would be nice if you could still view the poll choices after voting, just without the option to vote again. In particular, I'd like to be able to look (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: source code for minifig generator?

(...) Bricksmith is in Sourceforge. Browsing around its CVS, I found what appears to be the minifig generator source here: (URL) at the MinifigureDialogController files.) Of course, that source is in Objective C, but Objective C tends to be very (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

(...) Have you used the same ID for the poll as the last SOTM/MOTM, which is the only LDRAW poll I have voted in earlier? (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: source code for minifig generator?

(...) Sorry, I didn't realize how many versions there are. I believe Bricksmith also has a minifig generator now. The source code for any and all would be helpful. I looked at the LDDP link you posted and didn't see anything about the source, either (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 2007 LDraw.org Steering Committee Election Results

(...) Thanks for checking the ballot, Dan and thanks to people for voting. Tim (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: source code for minifig generator?

(...) To which minifig generator do you refer? - The MLCad minifig generator: MLCad is closed source - The LDDP minifig plugin: source code here, (URL) The LDAO minifig generator: LDAO source here, (URL) Note LDAO is extremely out of date and still (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  2007 LDraw.org Steering Committee Election Results

The winners of the 2007 LDraw Steering Committee Election are (in alphabetical order by last name): - Chris Dee - Tim Gould - Michael Heidemann - Orion Pobursky - Willy Tschager Congratulations to the new LDraw Steering Committee members! Dan Boger (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  Site changes on LDraw: Opinions sought

Hi all, If you've visited (URL) lately you will probably have noticed a new set of big links up the top (I call them quick links). We've been trying to make the site easier to navigate in order to help new and old users alike. In order to make the (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Dancing Mech Modeling/animatino LDraw/POV-Ray Video Tutorial Series

(...) Hi, me again! Just started watching the first Bricksmith video and I noticed you pointed out something that's always bugged me - how the part browser matches spaces literally. I guess the LDraw part descriptions all reserve two characters for (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  source code for minifig generator?

Hello, I am contemplating a minifig editor that would work like the generator but would be able to select and modify minifigs in an LDraw file. I'm not sure yet whether I'll use Java or C++, but even if I use Java the source code for the generator (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: txt2dat updated

(...) Received and uploaded, Mac & Linux users can now download binaries from the main page. I'd just like to thank Jim again for all his help producing this version, and I hope Mac & Linux users can get some good use out of my little program. ROSCO (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Public LDView 3.2 Alpha for Windows

(...) This is wicked cool. (I just realized that it works in the pre-alpha Mac build I've been poking at.) Is it or will it be possible to export the light orientation to POV-ray format as with the camera angle? Be well, Jim (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: txt2dat updated

(...) I've updated the (URL) txt2dat online> interface to use the new version. You can use the "Custom description" option to enter a comment for the first line of the sticker file using txt2dat's new -d option. The downloadable binaries are on (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Public LDView 3.2 Alpha for Windows

Due to some of the problems that exist in LDView 3.1 (command line snapshots and screensaver preferences), I've decided to do a public alpha release of LDView 3.2. Please note that this version will only run on Windows computers with Unicode (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  txt2dat updated

My LDraw text generator, txt2dat has been updated. The new version can be found (URL) here>. Changes in this version: Upgraded to current library versions: - Triangle 1.6 - Freetype 2.3.2 (Require at least 2.1.9) Initial build support for Mac (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  TextWrangler LDraw Kit

I like (URL) LDraw DesignPad>. However, I do a lot of work in (URL) TextWrangler> on my Mac, so I thought it would be neat if it had more features for working with LDraw files. Towards that end, I've starting putting together an assemblage of (...) (18 years ago, 13-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  My RACHAL - Close Encounter

Hi folks, I submitted my (URL) RACHAL - the Raytracing Challenge> entry "Close Encounter (of the third kind)" to the (URL) 'Atmosphobic' Gallery> at LDraw.org: (URL) More about the rendering process can be found (URL). PLMKWYT. w. (18 years ago, 11-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, FTX) !

  Reminder: 2007 Steering Committee election closing in a week

Hi folks, As outlined here: (URL) election will close in a week, at 2359 EDT (GMT -0500), March 15, 2007. Willy Tschager On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Bricksmith 1.6

(2 URLs) Bricksmith 1.6> adds the following features: Part Browser can be configured as a separate window Export Part List feature Background color preference Always switches to perspective mode when not drawing a head-on view Can insert raw (...) (18 years ago, 8-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Parts Releases and the CA

(...) I am pleased to report that Luis E. Fernandez has now made contact and affirmed the Contributor Agreement - thanks Luis. Updated list : Name (number of parts authored) Chris Alano (5) Eric D'Aragon (1) Howard Lande (1) Kevin Bane (8) Tim (...) (18 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Introducing RACHAL - the Raytracing Challenge

Well I submitted my entry: (URL) It was pretty fun, and I got to teach myself a few more POV tricks (like loops mainly). Nothing was changed in the MPD and I used L3PAO to convert to POVRAY and then I used Mesh-Enhancer on the minifig's hair to (...) (18 years ago, 6-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Request for votes in LDraw polls

(...) jeroen, you've got mail. bye, w. (18 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Request for votes in LDraw polls

(...) Hi Timothy, I would love to vote but I lost/forgot my login-name. I tried to recover but I don't get reply-mails with a new password and contacting you via the webmas...etc address only gives my an 'hey don't send spam to peeron'-message: Hi. (...) (18 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures

(...) cockpit is drawn with a stipple function that's buggy in many ATI drivers. And the ledit text (toolbar?) is still drawn in the front buffer. The latest source code in CVS is patched for the toolbar problem on some radeon cards because it was (...) (18 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures

(...) Good call. I ran it with -n4, and that makes things visible during rotation. The status bar and final appearance of the model (after you stop rotating, if your rotation style is different) don't get drawn until obscured by a menu, etc., so (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures

(...) [...] (...) Oh, I thought you got no model displayed when launching the Mac bundle. I figured that with the environment.plist file, you'd at least get the the model displayed. On my old PowerBook I used this as a environment.plist <?xml (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures

(...) I haven't followed all of this, but I suspect this is probably a driver issue. Ldglite is getting pretty old. It's so old that when I wrote the opengl bits the hardware (and software opengl) of the time was typically unable to render the model (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LDView error

"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com> schreef in bericht news:JECt3F.ED0@lugnet.com... (...) Which is indeed true. The GF2 was not MX. (...) This is dissappointing... I assumed a GF4 would be better on all fronts than an GF2. (...) Thanks (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures

(...) OK. I've set up a proper .MacOSX/environment.plist now, but I can't see that it's made any difference. The [mis]behavior is the same. This and the video information your provided supports my gut feeling that the problem is limited to the (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures

(...) Jim, I'm not a programmer, but as it was explained to me by Don Heyse, that the only way for a double-clickable Mac application to get information about unix-like environment variables is if that variable is specified in a file called (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures

(...) Hmm. I'm curious how it works on your machine. There's not a problem with my LDraw directory or $LDRAWDIR definition; it's an environment variable, regardless of where it's defined. The problem isn't with the LDraw parts, its with the visible (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures

(...) Odd... one of the first things I did was check to see if LDGLite worked on my MacBook, and it worked without a problem. My first guesses are that your LDRAW dir didn't get copied over from your old computer, and/or your (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LDView error

(...) I don't know off-hand the performance characteristics of those two cards, but if your GF2 wasn't an MX, then it's actually possible that the new card is actually slower at geometry processing (despite being two full generations newer). In (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures

(...) If you want, I can send you an alpha-quality Intel Mac binary of LDView 3.2, which can render the files (even from the command line), but I don't think it will be any easier to use than ldglite if you get ldglite to work. LDView doesn't (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: LDView error

Presuming you have the very latest drivers installed (your best bet is to use nVidia installers to repair things wholesale, rather than try to navigate at the individual .DLL level), then I might suggest that you have all the "goodies" (...) (18 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDView error

My problem was solved by downloading a dll file nvoglnt.dll. It turned out my version was 0 kb !? The strange thing however is that LDView renders slower than my GF2 card??? "Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> schreef in bericht (...) (18 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDView error

Hi all, Since I installed a new videocard (NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X) I seem to be unable to run LDView. Why is that? My previous NVIDIA GeForce2 card did not give any problems. Can this be resolved? Thanks. Jaco (18 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!

(...) Absolutely. But until such time as a program like that is available, I'm most interested in what can be done pragmatically with the tools available now. I've probably just confused the discussion of plans for future improvements - in which (...) (18 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!

(...) Well I would argue that is forcing the user to do something the program could do much more easily (and accurately). Both those make the assumption that the contents of the standard LDraw directory are always official, and the contents of the (...) (18 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!

(...) Absolutely. Before I started using LDView and realized that Bricksmith could also use its Unofficial folder, any and all unofficial files I downloaded just got dumped in parts. To chime in on the filename length issue, my LDraw folder got real (...) (18 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!

(...) As a user (and a programmer; though I've yet to do any work on LDView), I prefer the way Travis is doing things. Not that that makes it right; I'm just saying that you can't (and shouldn't) lump the users and the programmers into two competing (...) (18 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures

(...) yes, I just thought the export option of Bricksmith just would generate pictures, but ended up with single step LDRs. They are of use for rendering, indeed. makes still some work... (...) Yes, I have done as a bypass so far. (...) Ah, thanks. (...) (18 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures

(...) I'd like something like that too. Although I don't think there's currently anything that will make the whole instructions for you, Bricksmith's "Export Steps" option may be a useful start. It creates a separate LDraw file for each step in your (...) (18 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures

Hi, I need some programm to create bitmaps (or other file formats) stepwise instructions, just like the old Ldraw did in DOS. I tried ldglite, but it just shows a white window, even after loading a model. Do I need some addtional software? I am (...) (18 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Testing long filenames was Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)?

(...) showing D:DownloadsShowParameters.exe The second line (Label2) however, stays blank. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (18 years ago, 3-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  I hereby accect long file names!

(...) It's an utterly complicated way, but it works! Only problem is that GetLongPathName erases all other kinds of command line parameters. Now that I know that at least it is possible to avoid shortened pathnames, I rest my case. I no longer (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!

(...) Indeed. (...) Well that's the part I disagree with. Everyone is different, and making assumptions about what people will want to use is always bad for program developers. The choice should be the user's, not the programmer's. (...) That may be (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!

Before I say anything else, I want to point out that as the author of LDView my comments here are necessarily biased. So keep that in mind as you read them. (...) I disagree that it's not useful to have the unofficial parts in another directory. (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Testing long filenames was Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)?

(...) (URL) on Win2000 SP4 w. (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Testing long filenames was Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)?

(...) My best guess is at that time MS was trying to make things safe for old programs (although it seems senseless for them to have done this with Win32 apps). If you call the Win32 function GetLongPathName on the short path, it will give you the (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Testing long filenames was Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)?

(...) That was command line, (URL) the result with drag n drop> is similar. ROSCO (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Request for votes in LDraw polls

(...) No. Submissions must be made before the contest. So voting on the 1st and 31st will be the same. Tim (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Request for votes in LDraw polls

Is it possible to submit to the sotm/motm contests when voting starts? I am always afraid to vote because there might be a better submission later on. James (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Request for votes in LDraw polls

(...) Hi Mike, Unfortunately with the system used by LDraw it is very hard for the webmasters (Willy, Orion and I) to do anything much like that so the answer is probably no I'm afraid. Of course it does have a de facto check... if you click to a (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Request for votes in LDraw polls

Tim Gould schrieb: (...) Hi Tim, I like the new -centered- position for all polls very, very much. But I have one question, is it possible to set a cookie on the client that would be read from the side, so I can see for which poll I have already (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: txt2dat on Mac OS X (was Re: Announcing Bitsticker)

(...) Here is my rudimentary makefile for building txt2dat on my Mac and a linux machine. No guarantees it will work for anyone else but hopefully it could be helpful. Also a copy of txt2dat.c containing my quick checks to get around the lack of (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: txt2dat on Mac OS X (was Re: Announcing Bitsticker)

(...) I believe it is freetype 2.1.4 (based on the major/minor/patch definitions in freetype.h). The headers are last dated 2002, and a look at more recent freetype changelogs suggests that predates the introduction of "FTOrientation." It's annoying (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)? (Was: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!)

(...) Yeah I know they can be included but it's usually a safe idea not to. When setting a standard I'd be wary of allowing anything that is commonly poorly interpreted (which I suspect the escaped characters are). Tim (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Testing long filenames was Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)?

(...) Thanks, Well well, first advantage of downgrading to XP, I guess. Just to be sure, you did drag and drop into the "application", or did you write it in a command line? /Tore (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: txt2dat on Mac OS X (was Re: Announcing Bitsticker)

(...) Hmmm, interesting. txt2dat is currently compiled against 2.1.9, I haven't tried upgrading since txt2dat is the only thing I use it for. But the API doc at the freetype site still documents (URL) FTOrientation API>. Also, version 2.3.1 (which I (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  txt2dat on Mac OS X (was Re: Announcing Bitsticker)

(...) Hi Ross, It works! I just built it by hand, so I'll write a simple makefile for it tomorrow. Only issue is that the version of Freetype 2 that comes with OS X doesn't seem to know about FTOrientation, so I just ifdeffed out the few bits that (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Mac MPD Utility obsolescence

Man, I just realized that my old (URL) MPD Utility> is still listed on LDraw.org. Frankly, I don't think there's still a need for it, and I wouldn't really trust it to "do the right thing" with any given MPD. It was sort of cobbled together as a (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Testing long filenames was Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)?

(...) (URL) Here's> the output on XP. ROSCO (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Testing long filenames was Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)?

(...) Well, I made a small program in Delphi 7 that lists the command line parameters, drag and dropped a file named "LongFileName.dat" in it, and here is the surprising result: (URL) (Running on a Win98SE PC.) So I think long file names still has (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!

(...) Sure, but as I said, you can't be 100% certain that the contents of the standard LDraw directory are all official and vice versa, so the best way to manage them (in my opinion) is lump them all together, and have a program that helps you (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)? (Was: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!)

(...) The only character either Linux or Mac OS X is allergic to is '/'. Spaces are perfectly acceptable under both. One need only take care that any paths fed to the shell are properly escaped. Ideally anybody writing shell scripts or system() (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!

It's me the user that wants to know which unofficial parts I've downloaded and am using, and thus which may require updating, deleting, or something. For me it is purely a user-management issue. My program doesn't really care if a part is Official (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)? (Was: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!)

(...) With tongue slightly in cheek, I believe it is time to accept the technological advancements of 1984. If DOS wasn't obsolete the day it was written, it definitely was within a few years. DOS filenames tend to be inscrutable, and there just (...) (18 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!

(...) Well the other thing to consider is that with the adoption of the standard header on DAT files, there really is no *need* to store unofficial files in a different sub-directory, because programs will be able to tell which files are unofficial (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: LDView 3.2 on Mac OS X with Qt 3.3.7 status report

I've tried a little (without success) to get QT4 to build as a universal static library. If I get that working, I'll see if I can't work out the QT4-specific bugs. While the border and extra space on top aren't good in the QT4 version, the overall (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)? (Was: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!)

(...) First of all, I agree that we should avoid using space in filenames for all official stuff. It's just too problematic. However, that's not a reason to forbid the use of long filenames in general. The thing is, any program that doesn't support (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Request for votes in LDraw polls

Hi all, As some of you know (and perhaps some do not) LDraw conducts various polls, both for official reasons (such as elections and Constitutional changes) and for contests (such as model of the month, part of the month etc.). Unfortunately the (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !

  Testing long filenames was Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)?

(...) And sorry to reply to myself... Could people using older operating systems test this? I'm happy to maintain the status quo if there are problems but if no-one finds problems then I think we make the majority suffer for something that isn't (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)? (Was: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!)

(...) I'm not sure about 98 and its ilk but I've never had any problems with long filenames in XP for l3p (and possible other command lines although I can't remember any off hand). I would certainly recommend against using spaces in filenames as (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LDView 3.2 on Mac OS X with Qt 3.3.7 status report

(...) I think I forgot to mention that using Qt 3 also restored "polling" mode, which broke with Qt 4. Jim (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)? (Was: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!)

(...) It it really so? We still use renderers and utilities that have command line inputs, and I don't know but I have a strong feeling that long names may cause problems like "Unofficial" turs into "Unoffi~1" followed by path not found errors. And (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Motion to the LDraw Bylaws (Accountability of "Key Positions"): Call for Ratification

Since the motion to the LDraw Bylaws has been posted (URL) and publicly discussed, and since by peoples' silence, there appear to be no more lingering objections, the Steering Committee hereby calls for a community vote to ratify the motion which (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  2007/2008 LDraw Steering Committee Election is open

The 2006 LDraw.org Steering Committee election is now open. To vote, please visit (URL) and log in with your user account. Next, visit the ballot page on LDraw.org here: (URL) LDraw organization members may vote and you may vote for up to five (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  LDraw.org's February 2007 Model and Scene of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the February 2007 Model/Scene Of The Month (MOTM/SOTM) contests: (URL) MOTM, Yellow Sportspeeder by Joseph Durel> (URL) SOTM, The Forces of Isengard by Philip Heinrich> The voting for the March 2007 Model of the (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  LDView 3.2 on Mac OS X with Qt 3.3.7 status report

Just an update on my LDView tinkering. I got Qt 3.3.7 compiled and used it to rebuild the current LDView 3.2 code. As predicted in the other LDView thread, using Qt 3.3.7 instead of Qt 4.2.2 resolved some of the issues I'd observed, most notably the (...) (18 years ago, 1-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Nominations Closed was Call for Nominations: 2007 LDraw.org Steering Committee

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote: --snip-- (...) Hi all, The nomination process is now closed. Thanks to everyone involved. We will announce the voting elsewhere. Tim (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)? (Was: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!)

--snip-- (...) Personally I'm against maintaining it. It forces us into strange naming conventions for something which probably affects no users of the software. Tim (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)? (Was: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!)

(...) So far, we have maintained the old DOS convention of max. 8 chars and no SPACE used in folder names. I realize that fewer and fewer programs and utils are made in DOS evironments, maybe I'm the only to still make quick 'n' dirty programs in (...) (18 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Reminder: 2007 Steering Committee Nominations closing in 24 hours

(...) And once more for 24 hours from now. Tim (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations: 2007 LDraw.org Steering Committee

Willy Tschager schrieb: (...) I Michael Heidemann accept the nomination. mikeheide (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Bricksmith tips and techniques

(...) I hope you are not alarmed that someone has been snooping around in there! :) In fact, I hadn't actually tried to commit anything; frankly, I'd just left that as an exercise for anyone else who thought the colorized icons were handy (which (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Bricksmith tips and techniques

(...) Thanks. I love to have happy users! (...) Good gosh, someone is even digging through my CVS repository! The reason you're not able to commit anything, incidentally, is because you are not listed as a Developer on my project. Anyway, if you (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!

I'm delighted to see another developer supporting the Macintosh. (...) Yeah, LDraw/Unofficial just seemed like the logical choice. That was feature that went nowhere, though. I never even documented it, because I didn't think anyone else supported (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Call for Nominations: 2007 LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I, Willy Tschager, second this nomination. w. (18 years ago, 27-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations: 2007 LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) My thanks to the nominators for the vote of confidence, but my life will be busier than normal over the next 6 months that I, Kevin Clague, am going to decline the nomination. Kevin (18 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations: 2007 LDraw.org Steering Committee

I, Tim Gould, nominate Michael Heidemann (18 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations: 2007 LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I, Tim Gould, second this nomination (18 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations: 2007 LDraw.org Steering Committee

I, Michael Heidemann, nominate Guy Vivan. mikeheide (18 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Reminder: 2007 Steering Committee Nominations closing in two days

(...) Just serving further reminder that you have two days to go. Tim (18 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact