 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 798
Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 21:32:09 GMT

Jim DeVona wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi wrote:

[...]

OK. I've set up a proper .MacOSX/environment.plist now, but I can't see that
it's made any difference. The [mis]behavior is the same. This and the video
information your provided supports my gut feeling that the problem is limited to
the display mechanism rather than any of the underlying LDraw stuff.

Oh, I thought you got no model displayed when launching the Mac bundle.
I figured that with the environment.plist file, you'd at least get the
the model displayed. On my old PowerBook I used this as a environment.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.
com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
         <key>LDGLITEARGS</key>
         <string>-LE -v800,537</string>
         <key>LDRAWDIR</key>
         <string>/Users/xxxxx/Library/ldraw</string>
</dict>
</plist>

The 800x537 window was the largest window I could use before ATi's
rendering got weird and was eventually turned over to Apple's driver.
I've often wondered if this was some kind of magical number that kept
the driver from going crazy. I wish I had a better answer for you. I
guess we'll have to go back to the "know issues" and update it so people
aren't driving themselves nuts. I'll see if I can do that tonight.

[...]

Ah, I didn't realize your machine is a MacBook Pro. I thought it was a plain
MacBook, like mine. Indeed there are considerable video differences between
these models that may explain the different experiences we've had. I think
that's useful to know.

Thanks,
Jim

Yeah, I probably should have said MacBook Pro. I didn't realize the
video card was so different. I've got to remember to describe my
hardware more specifically. Maybe it's just that MacBook Pro sounds too
braggy? You know iBook vs PowerBook was what it was, but now it's
MacBook and MacBook Pro.

Chris
--
http://mysite.verizon.net/cjmasi/lego/