 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 792
Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 00:29:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Lutz Uhlmann wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Jim DeVona wrote:

   I’d like something like that too. Although I don’t think there’s currently anything that will make the whole instructions for you, Bricksmith’s “Export Steps” option may be a useful start. It creates a separate LDraw file for each step in your model (or each submodel thereof) representing the model up to that point. Then you could render each step file with L3P. I’ve thought of writing a script to help do that, but it’s pretty far back on my queue.

yes, I just thought the export option of Bricksmith just would generate pictures, but ended up with single step LDRs. They are of use for rendering, indeed. makes still some work...

If you want, I can send you an alpha-quality Intel Mac binary of LDView 3.2, which can render the files (even from the command line), but I don’t think it will be any easier to use than ldglite if you get ldglite to work. LDView doesn’t directly support steps, so you’d have to feed it the step files spit out by Bricksmith.

--Travis