 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 794
Re: Need (working) program to generate instruction pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 02:32:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi wrote:

I tried ldglite, but it just shows a white window, even after loading
a model. Do I need some addtional software? I am using OS X Tiger, Mac Mini
Intel duo core.

I've observed the same problem with ldglite on my Intel Mac. However, I just
realized that although there are display problems, [it works fine from the
command line]! Based on the notes in the ldglite.txt readme, try something like
this:

| /path/to/ldglite.app/Contents/MacOS/ldglite -i2 -mS /path/to/model.ldr

The |-i2| option generates PNGs with transparent backgrounds and |-mS| saves an
image for every step without opening a window. Cool!

Jim

Odd... one of the first things I did was check to see if LDGLite worked
on my MacBook, and it worked without a problem. My first guesses are
that your LDRAW dir didn't get copied over from your old computer,
and/or your .MacOSX/environment.plist file didn't get copied from your
old Mac. Remember, the double clickable version of LDGLite reads
~/.MacOSX/environment.plist for the location of your LDRAW directory and
the command line version reads ~/.tcshrc (or whatever file you have set
up to tell the shell you use where to find stuff).

Hmm. I'm curious how it works on your machine. There's not a problem with my
LDraw directory or $LDRAWDIR definition; it's an environment variable,
regardless of where it's defined.

The problem isn't with the LDraw parts, its with the visible interface. It feels
like maybe a GLUT problem - just the last step to the screen that's flaky. The
screen is blank, and gets re-blanked whenever you try to rotate the display.
Displaying a menu will paint whatever is underneath it, but it doesn't get
repainted until obscured again. Screenshot with a model loaded:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/anoved/Examples/ldglite-display-glitch.jpg

Showing the contextual menu reveals the background color behind it, but no
model, so I'm not really sure where the problem lies. If you open the little
settings panel, it remains visible after you close it - it's no longer
"clickable," but just its image that hasn't been cleared.

Anyway, this is with ldglite 1.0.18 on OS X 10.4.8. It'd be great if there's a
ready fix.

Jim