Re: Request for votes in LDraw polls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 22:29:12 GMT

Tim Gould schrieb:
Hi all,

As some of you know (and perhaps some do not) LDraw conducts various polls, both
for official reasons (such as elections and Constitutional changes) and for
contests (such as model of the month, part of the month etc.). Unfortunately the
number of people who vote in these polls is often fairly small.

As such I've made links to current polls more prominent on the main LDraw.org
page (http://www.ldraw.org/). As you can see there is a new strip near the top
with links to all current polls. I hope that this will entice more of you to
vote in LDraw polls, particularly in the important ones such as elections and
constitutional changes but also for the contests.

Furthermore I'm hoping that with some prompting (such as this post) I might get
more of you to take an interest in voting. Remember that LDraw is not only a set
of tools but is a community of people and your participation in the process is
good encouragement for those who donate their time to making LDraw what it is.
So... please vote :)

Yours,

Tim

PS. Voting is only available to members but if you have an interest in LDraw
then it is quite easy to become a member.
Hi Tim,

I like the new -centered- position for all polls very, very much.

But I have one question, is it possible to set a cookie on the client
that would be read from the side, so I can see for which poll I have
already voted?

cu
mikeheide