 CAD / Development / 10549
Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)? (Was: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:54:07 GMT

--snip--
   So far, we have maintained the old DOS convention of max. 8 chars and no SPACE used in folder names. I realize that fewer and fewer programs and utils are made in DOS evironments, maybe I’m the only to still make quick ‘n’ dirty programs in Borland TC++ or in its likeness.

But yet, I haven’t heard anyting of letting go of the standrad either.

My question is: Do we still maintain the DOS naming convention in LDraw?

/Tore

(FOT: lugnet.cad.dev)

Personally I’m against maintaining it. It forces us into strange naming conventions for something which probably affects no users of the software.

Tim