 CAD / Development / 10554
Re: Unofficial directory (with non-standard name lenght)? (Was: LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 01:36:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Tore Eriksson wrote:

   My question is: Do we still maintain the DOS naming convention in LDraw?

With tongue slightly in cheek, I believe it is time to accept the technological advancements of 1984. If DOS wasn’t obsolete the day it was written, it definitely was within a few years. DOS filenames tend to be inscrutable, and there just isn’t any reason to force them on unsuspecting 21st-century users—especially those using systems which never had such limitations in the first place. And as others mentioned, programs which still talk DOS are dead codebases anyway.

Allen