 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 774
Re: LDView 3.2 on Mac OS X with Qt 3.3.7 status report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 21:21:48 GMT

I’ve tried a little (without success) to get QT4 to build as a universal static library. If I get that working, I’ll see if I can’t work out the QT4-specific bugs. While the border and extra space on top aren’t good in the QT4 version, the overall look is better. (Just look at the resize widget in the bottom right of the window, and how much worse it looks on the QT3 version.)

Oddly enough, one of my problems getting a static QT4 to compile was my lack of a Universal version of libpng. The reason that’s odd is that LDView itself relies on libpng (for the LEGO texture on the studs as well as snapshot saves), and LDView works fine in Rosetta on my MacBook. So then I went to figure out why the LDView executable works, and couldn’t find any references to it linking against libpng in the Makefile. That’s where I (temporarily) gave up.

--Travis