 CAD / *38025 (-100)
  Re: No PLI in Layout

(...) Hmm. This does not seem to work either. Here is what I did: 1. Open the LDR file in LPub 2. Uncheck PLIs at the Global tab in the Generate section 3. Generate CSI,PLI and BOM = this does the job: create step images, no PLI 4. Generate Layout = (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: No PLI in Layout

(...) Jaco, I'll look into this. In the meantime, if you manually delete the individual PLI files, and not rerender them. Your layouts should have no PLIs. Kevin (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  I am Happy!!! (was Re: Transparent parts (small))

(...) (URL) resolves my issue posted here: (URL) and nice transparent parts. Compare: (URL) will take the "longer" rendering time for granted! It is worth waiting a little while longer ;-) Jaco (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Transparent parts (small)

(...) Right! This was a succes and I am very satisfied with the result: (URL) Travis! Jaco (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  No PLI in Layout

Hi, Though I uncheck PLIs at the Global tab in the Generate section and add a line 0 LPUB PAGE PLI NO in my LDraw file, LPub keeps drawing PLI's in the Layout or give an error: Operations cancelled. How do I generate layouts without PLI's? Jaco (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Transparent parts (small)

(...) I exported my settings from regedit, and stored them here: (URL) above file contains just the LPub preference set settings from my LDView. If you download it and double-click on the file, you will be asked if you want to import the settings (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Transparent parts (small)

(...) I cannot seem to get this result. (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: White noise around model with colored background

I seem to have unleashed a discussion that I do not understand. All this talk about alphachannels, pixels, OpenGL, etc. That is beyond my reach :-) I guess I'll stick with a white background for now and let you programmers come up with something (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  part 2347  [DAT]

im sure someones been waiting for this just as long as I have. 0 Excavator Bucket 3 x 6 with Teeth 0 Name: 2347.ldr 0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom" 0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0 2 24 -59 13 -53 -60 13 -53 2 24 -60 13 -61 -60 13 -53 2 24 -60 13 -61 -56 13 (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: White noise around model with colored background

(...) Unfortunately, that doesn't help. It still blends, which means that if (for instance) your edge is red, and you have a pixel that's 50% covered via antialiasing, then that pixel comes out dark red (50% red + 50% black = dark red) with 50% (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Not just a mouse, but Edit / Rotate / Keyboard Entry allows you to enter a full rotation matrix (among other things). Of course you need to know what matrix values to enter to get your desired result, but it's there in the GUI. (...) Yes, that (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: White noise around model with colored background

(...) Ah ha! That explains why I said to set the background color to black. That way the exterior lines alpha blend with zeros. I suspect setting -b0 in the ldglite options window of lpub will give better results. Maybe lpub should always do this if (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: White noise around model with colored background

(...) That won't help. The problem is that OpenGL antialiasing antialises the color channel based on the background color the original rendering happens over. So even if you bump the alpha on all those pixels up to 1.0 (fully opaque), you'll still (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Transparent parts (small)

(...) It's true. The only way to get really nice transparent effects from ldglite is to use the trick described here where you render at a higher resolution and then scale down. (URL) believe the current model of the month at ldraw.org was rendered (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: White noise around model with colored background

(...) Antialiasing it turned on in ldglite by -q. I'm not sure if this is done automatically by lpub or if it's in the optional settings box. Background color is set by -b and I think it supports ldlite and l3p colors style extended colors. (...) I (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Transparent parts (small)

(...) For reference, here's a sample that includes an LDView-rendered transparent part: (URL) know it's a much bigger part, but it's all I had online.) --Travis (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Transparent parts (small)

(...) I don't think LDGLite supports anything other than stipple transparency. If you use LDView as your renderer, you can get sorted blended trancparency. You'll want to use the latest LDView test release for it to work properly, though. That's (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: White noise around model with colored background

(...) your background color in the LPub images, or turn off antialiasing in LDGLite. I'm not sure how to do either, but I assume both are possible. One problem with setting the background color in LDGLite is that the PLIs in LPub use a different (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) I was actually referring to the current MLCad interface. In the keyboard entry rotation dialog (Edit->Rotate->Keyboard Entry), you can specify a full rotation vector, plus rotation angle. Specifying a vector with 1 or -1 in the X, Y, or Z axis (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Transparent parts (small)

Hi, What I see when I use small parts in transparent colors does not make me happy. See what I mean in the same image of my previous post: (URL) at the "plate 1 x 1 round" colored red transparent in the PLI and the step. Any way to get this better? (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  White noise around model with colored background

Hi, Is there a way, using LPub and LDGLite as a renderer, to get rid of the white "noise" around the model when using a colored background? See example: (URL) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Travis, I understand 3D rotation matricies enough to know that they let you rotate around any axis, but I think MLCad's GUI only lets you rotate about, X, Y, or Z, because of limitations of its user interface. Michael has meta-commands for (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) That's not true. It is true that doing rotations around arbitrary axes requires a lot more understanding of what's going on, but MLCAD allows you to define the full 3D vector around which the rotation happens, so you can rotate in any plane. (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) dear friends, kevin made me notice that the LTT has resigned. looks like lugnet went back to its roots and the circumstances for my leaving are no longer valid - hopefully? (...) because this is just a beta version I wrote in april. the final (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Agreed, why is all the good stuff hidden like that? There ought to be a link from the MLCad homepage to this! BTW, if you're lurking Willy, I can't see there's any link from (URL) to it, so how on earth are people going to find it? On a side (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) I think I forgot mentioning this yesterday, but that is excactly the point where it's practical to use submodels: Make a submodel with the axle and the biped leg. In the main model you turn the axle/submodel (45 degrees), and in the submodel (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Yeah, that would be great although you usually have to enter angles manually most of the time. What would be even cooler was custom grid buttons: So I don't have to change the default grid values each time I swich from working with models to (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

(...) be fixed. (...) first word in the part title if none is explicitly stated via a CATEGORY meta. (...) can be referenced via the following form: (URL) where XXX is the number after the "sid=" portion of the long URL. It's not more descriptive (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

(...) A sticker category is a good idea. According to "CATEGORY and KEYWORDS Language Extension" at ldraw.org "Sticker" is not (yet) allowed. (URL) few of the stickers in the Parts Tracker already use the category. "LDraw Official Library Standard (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote: > What happens in your test, when you add one tile and the sticker into a subfile > and leave the other tile as a seperate part. The sticker is thus partially > attached to the tile in the same subfile? Here is (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Mine settings are movement Large Move(XYZ)=10 Rotate(XYZ)=22.5 Medium Move(XYZ)=1 Rotate(XYZ)=15 Fine Move(XYZ)=0.001 Rotate(XYZ)=0.5 I spend most of my time in Medium and do ultrafine adjustments in Fine. I do occasionally (namely when (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Our lurking friend WIlly Tschager mentioned that he has a tutorial on rotations in MLCad. www.holly-wood.it/ml...on-en.html It looks good Willy! Thanks! Kevin (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Admittedly, I have oft wished for the ability to create custom rotation buttons so I could make X,Y,Z buttons for 11.25,15,22.5,27.125,30 and 45 degree rotations to accomodate the rotation angles of various technic parts... But I still love (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) It oughtn't be too hard to do that. You just use the pin to define your normal vector and then just work backwards from the projection to work out the rotation matrix. I noticed today that MLCad already seems to have a routine to calculate (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) But, rotations are limited to parallel to the X,Y and Z planes, so I don't think you are addressing what I'm talking about. Imagin you had an axle that is at 45 degrees in the XY plane, and you have a biped leg you want to rotate around the (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

Lars C. Hassing schrieb: (...) snip (...) Can this also be done if the sticker is larger than one part? And what will be with the seam in the "sub-part"? Mikeheide (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Blacktron Wallpaper

I am working on a short animated movie using the Blacktron sets. I finished working on the Renegade (6954) and did a test render. The image was rendered complete in Bryce with no post work. This is a still image from the animation I am working (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Yes, submodels are also a great way to go. The trick is getting them added with the proper orientation with respect to the pin/axle to which you are attaching. This is the same with groups. Kevin (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

I personally use Submodels a lot for rotated sections. If you place the rotation pin/point at origo in the submodel, you can leave the rotation point at "parts origin" when you insert it in the level above. If there's something at an odd angle in (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

(...) No new META commands are neccessary, the CATEGORY metacommand is already in place. The sticker should have either a "0 CATEGORY Sticker" line or "Sticker" as the first word in the part name, therefore all stickers are readily indentifiable to (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

(...) The L-386 can be attached to one 2x8 brick on the tail of the helicopter, but following the instructions the sticker is attached halfway both 2x8 bricks. What happens in your test, when you add one tile and the sticker into a subfile and leave (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Select the part you want it to pivot around then select the rest. It will always pivot around the pivot point of the first item selected. (...) You can make it visible and draggable with the mouse. (...) Down 2 LDU :) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

(...) Well, I just tried Niels's L-386 on top of two 2x2 tiles, all three parts put into a subfile. However, this construction failed to generate a seam between the two tiles. The subfile trick only works (or works best) if the sticker is applied to (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Buffer Exchange artifact in LPub

(...) P.S. However, if you change anything in MLCad after this to the arrow, the triangles and quadrangles the arrow is made of are unghosted again :-( (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

(...) Yes, this is clearly a bug. I've never used stickers, gotta try it. (...) I don't think the problem can be solved automatically. Well, avoiding the sticker disappearing can. But simply not applying seams or only applying seams in any dimension (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Buffer Exchange artifact in LPub

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:IHo9q8.21Ir@lugnet.com... (...) Let's hope this will be soon? What other fixes / changes / additions are there to come to MLCad? (...) Right. So, what I did was change this bit: (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Hi Eduardo, All the models I enter are technic. Compared to brick building, technic is much harder. With the standard bricks, everthing is turned multiples of 90 degrees, and studs line up parallel to the x,y, or z axis. Jaco is right, it (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Buffer Exchange artifact in LPub

(...) Yes, but Michael has agreed that he implemented ghosted arrows incorrectly, and we're waiting for a fix. 0 GHOST has always only applied to the remainder of the line. In Michael's implementation of GHOST and arrows, he GHOSTs the arrow (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Who is UR on Brickshelf

(...) images from BMP to JPG or some other smaller format? :-) The bitmaps take ages to load! I am not a train person, but I think these models and renderings are great! Jaco (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

(...) Hi Eduardo, Technic models are complex to design, build and draw. What is it you find difficult? Maybe if you ask some specific questions, I (or someone else) can help you. Creating a tutorial however is a lot of work. I think you would be (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  What about a LEGO TECHNIC tutorial

I whould love to do my LEGO TECHNIC sets also in ldraw but I found it hard and bit complex to do. So what if someone does a tutorial for me or anyone that want's to have their TECHNIC sets in Ldraw format? I don't mind if the tutorial is showing how (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Who is UR on Brickshelf

(...) Crossposting to lugnet.cad.ray (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Buffer Exchange artifact in LPub  [DAT]

Once more I have questions regarding LPub... First, looking at this image (URL) will see the blue arrow of the submodel drawn in the main model. Is this a bug in LPub or is there something wrong with the code? I used an MLCad ghosted arrow: 0 FILE (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

(...) Lars should probably update L3P to not apply seams to objects that have any dimension less than or equal to the seam width. I added that feature to LDView at some point for just such a problem. I don't think a metacommand is appropriate when (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Using stickers on LDraw models

Hello, I have a question about using stickers on LDraw models and rendering these in PovRay (and other renderers). Stickers are 0.25 LDU thick, with the rear (bottom) at y=0 and the front (top) at y=-0.25. When using a sticker it is lined up with (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: The Minifig Macro - walk that minifig

Could someone make a list (and post it somewhere...) of all tyhe different walking (or other) animation options available? I can think a few more examples: * MLCad has some support for creating minifig walking animations. * LD4DModeler can model (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Re: The Minifig Macro - walk that minifig

(...) Hmmm... assuming that all the parts eventually get wound correctly, it would be nice if L3P did this automatically. It would then be possible to do CSG operations on models. (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: 10170 Instructions?

(...) Good idea. Thanks, Orion. JOHN (19 years ago, 4-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: 10170 Instructions?

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote: Crossposting to .cad tree I've seen the new 10170 rendered in ldraw, and the (URL) parts list>, but am wondering if anybody has posted an ldraw file of the set yet and if so, where that might be. TIA, JOHN -Orion (19 years ago, 4-Jun-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, FTX)

  Re: Setting Scite editor for ldraw?

(...) (19 years ago, 4-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Stickers from set 386  [DAT]

Hello, I have created the stickers from set 386 (Red cross helicopter and ambulance). The stickersheet contains multiple copies of 3 different stickers: Large red cross Small red cross Text L-386 The sticker sheet contains the number 004631, so I (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Lpub Dual Callout

(...) Hi Philo, I tried to take a look at this one.... I did a similar thing and it worked fine. As you say the PLI is correct. In my simple case, I used one submodel twice in the same step, and called them both out, just as you did. I do not (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: Coloring the 3D view.

Are you sure you haven't switched wireframe or bounding box view on by mistake? Right click the window and check the menu options -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of Gerry (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Coloring the 3D view.

Hi everyone, I am a new user and have a quick question. Is there anyway to add collor to what I call the 3D view. It is the window in the bottom right corner I am refering to. The other windows all have color except for that one. (19 years ago, 4-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  A Call for Sessions at BrickFest™ 2005

A Call for Sessions at BrickFest™ 2005 (URL) One of the key parts of activities at BrickFest™ is a chance to share your knowledge and experiences, and learn from each other. So, once again we would like to offer an invitation to all individuals, (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jun-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events, lugnet.cad, FTX) !!

  Re: LPub 2.3.10: pb with CALLOUT DIVIDER

(...) Sorry this bug snuck in. I just debugged STEP_NUMBER PLACEMENT in multi_step. I want to modify pack_callout to support STEP_NUMBER PLACEMENT as well. I will fix callout DIVIDER bug and then release. Kevin (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Setting Scite editor for ldraw?

(...) I'd say your best bet is to send an email to the address on this page. (URL) (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 2.3.10: pb with CALLOUT DIVIDER

And another in multi-level callouts (this one was already there in 2.3.0.8): the nested callout replaces the CSI, see (URL) (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Setting Scite editor for ldraw?  [DAT]

Does anyone use Scite? And if so how do you add Ldraw code language in Scite? Oh and how do you set Scite to auto reload the file you have in scite and in mlcad for example? Another last thing is it possible to have a new language called (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  LPub 2.3.10: pb with CALLOUT DIVIDER

Hello Kevin, It seems that there is a problem with CALLOUT DIVIDER in LPub 2.3.10: the step before that command disappears. See (URL) (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Can you help a new user?

(...) Thanks for the replies. I see everything that you mentioned. I can even look through the inventory. I just can't get a brick to place. I am a little computer dumb. How does one update the drivers? (19 years ago, 3-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Instructions made with LPub

"Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> schreef in bericht news:IHH2Lu.AsC@lugnet.com... (...) But that's probably due to the fact that we forgot *LPUB* MULTI_STEP BEGIN... (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Instructions made with LPub

"Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> schreef in bericht news:IHH2Lu.AsC@lugnet.com... (...) Got it! (URL) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Instructions made with LPub

(...) Please email me your file. Kevin (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Instructions made with LPub

(...) Hmm. I placed it around the whole main model, but it keeps generating multiple pages? (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Instructions made with LPub

(...) Well, it is documented, and pedmatic uses it. If you want multiple steps per page in a single column, you bracket the steps with: MULTI_STEP BEGIN part STEP part STEP MULTI_STEP END If you want more than one column, you add: MULTI_STEP DIVIDER (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Instructions made with LPub

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:IHGv6K.tMw@lugnet.com... (...) I will, once I get that under control ;-) I am glad I got this result so far. Can you give me a little push in the right direction for use of multi (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Instructions made with LPub

(...) You're very welcome. Thanks for working through some of LPub's foibles. I'm suprised you didn't use multi-step. (...) Kevin (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Can you help a new user?

Do you see the red outline on the main window and the text "Main" on the top left corner? Do you see the preview of the piece on the right side? This sounds like a driver problem to me, do you have the latest version of your video card drivers? (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Questions about LPub

Hello Kevin, (...) Thanks, this time I got the updated documentation! I tried the command "0 LPUB STEP_NUMBER PLACEMENT BOTTOM_RIGHT ASSEM INSIDE", though it works fine for single step layouts, it is still ineffective when there are several steps (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Instructions made with LPub

Hi all, In the past few days I have been busy creating instructions for a little truck. You can find it (once public) in this Brickshelf folder: (URL) especially wish to thank Kevin Clague and Philippe Hurbain for their efforts and answering my many (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions about LPub

(...) Jaco, I've backed out my efforts for metacommand syntax checking, and fixed this problem. I'm trying a second approach. In the meantime, LPub 2.3.0.10 is available with this fix for PLIs. Kevin (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Can you help a new user?

Hi Gerry, (...) Maybe you moved the workspace before adding part and it was not visible? Anyway... - Open a fresh new LeoCAD instance - Click on "Brick 1x1" in the right listbox - Press "Insert" key on the keyboard (this is the only way to add new (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Can you help a new user?

Hi, It has been a long time since I have posted here. Anyways, I was wondering if someone can give me some tips on leocad. I downloaded the program and installed it. Everything seems to work fine other then I can not place any bricks. The insert (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: 1-8tang.dat?

(...) (URL) (...) Thanx :-) Niels (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, FTX)

  Re: Lpub Dual Callout

(...) I believe that your solution of multiple identical parts within the same begin/end is the correct solution. I'll make the PLI and BOM processes handle this case correctly. This way each instance gets its own placement and orientation. Kevin (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lpub Dual Callout

(...) Thinking better (had a sleepless night ;o), this is not a solution. Multiple arrows generating multiple parts in bom/pli is not either: how the multiple submodels would get placed in the model (only one set of coordinates)? Philo (19 years ago, 1-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: 1-8tang.dat?

(...) but the current 1-8tang on the PT has 3 hold votes. This part (...) changed since december last year. Is someone willing to correct (...) It would be rather handy to give us a direct link to this primitive. And then, nice (URL) retro (...) (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, FTX)

  1-8tang.dat?

I am working on a part and I actually need something like a 1-8tang primitive, but the current 1-8tang on the PT has 3 hold votes. This part hasn't been changed since december last year. Is someone willing to correct this primitive? Niels (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: Callout in LPub

(...) Right. That did it! Tnx. Jaco (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lpub Dual Callout

(...) This one: (URL) ? Thanks... nothing better than an axample! (...) I do too (the multi pointer could have other uses) There might be a third solution, something like the "inverse" of LPUB PLI BEGIN IGN that would allow to add parts to the PLI (...) (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lpub Dual Callout

(...) Hi Philo, I've uploaded a DAT file to brickshelf that uses multiple pointers with a single callout, and a bunch of other tests. I made this file at the recommendation of Mike Walsh. I use it to test LPub. I'm updating the documentation to (...) (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Lpub Dual Callout  [DAT]

I want to use the same callout twice in the same step. I tried to use the following code (and variations...), but when generating layouts Lpub complains that a file (MPDname_0_04_co_1.png) is missing. And after that one of the bars is missing in the (...) (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions about LPub

(...) I rewrote all the layout parsing so that it checks syntax and reports errors yesterday. I've wanted to eliminate the silent parse errors. I've got to debug this before I can release. Kevin (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Callout in LPub

Hello Jaco, (...) Yes, getting better and better ! (...) Yes, CALLOUT POINTER takes 4 parameters, the side (RIGHT), the position on that side (missing here, 0.9 would be a good start) and the x-y position of the tip (0.8 0.3) Philo (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Callout in LPub  [DAT]

(...) OK! Nearly there: (URL) to eleminate the arrows in the assem (due to ghosting) and get rid of step 2 in the call out. Also the pointer is missing (something wrong with the code?) Here is the DAT code of the entire model: 0 FILE 1088.ldr 0 Set (...) (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Orientation in PLI and BOM

(...) Right. I did so, but the frustrating thing was that it didn't work. No matter what I did the part kept displaying the same way. Until ofcourse I deleted the image from the parts folder and did a new render... :-) Thanks again, Kevin! Jaco (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Orientation in PLI and BOM

(...) This is a tough situation Jacko. If you look at LEGO PLI's you'll notice the orientation of a technic brick. The left end of the brick is rendered lower than the right end of the brick. Now look at the orientation of the same brick in the (...) (19 years ago, 30-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Orientation in PLI and BOM  [DAT]

Though I added part 3829 Car Steering Wheel to the ORIENTATION.LDR file in the extra's folder of LPub, the part shows up wrong in the PLI and BOM: (URL) this a bug? Or did I do something wrong? I added it like this: 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 -1 0 0 (...) (19 years ago, 30-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Callout in LPub

(...) 0 // Idefinty part calledoutmodel.ldr 0 LPUB CALLOUT BEGIN 0 // Place the callout centered above the assembly 0 LPUB CALLOUT PLACEMENT TOP CENTER ASSEM 0 // Draw a pointer from right edge of callout to upper right of ASSEM 0 LPUB CALLOUT (...) (19 years ago, 30-May-05, to lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact