 CAD / 12838
Re: Transparent parts (small)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 20:32:44 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
Hi,

What I see when I use small parts in transparent colors does not make me
happy.
See what I mean in the same image of my previous post:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sjaacko/Temp/LPubTests/bbsswinr_0_05_ci.png

Look at the "plate 1 x 1 round" colored red transparent in the PLI and the
step.
Any way to get this better? I'd prefer using LPub and LDGLite as renderer.

I don't think LDGLite supports anything other than stipple transparency.  If you
use LDView as your renderer, you can get sorted blended trancparency.  You'll
want to use the latest LDView test release for it to work properly, though.
That's available here:

http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/private/LDView-3000B1E.zip

(I know you said you prefer to use LDGLite as the renderer, and LDView is
certainly slower than LDGLite, but LDView is a whole lot faster than POV-Ray.  I
seem to remember Don commenting in the past that sorted blended transparency
wasn't supported in LDGLite.  I suppose that could have changed, though.)

--Travis Cobbs