 CAD / 12866
Re: I am Happy!!! (was Re: Transparent parts (small))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:03:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
LPub could oversample images without antialiasing, and then reduce their size,
but I have no idea what algorithm to use for the reduction.

I would suggest (at least initially) to keep it simple.  Only support reduction
by a factor of two, and then simply average each group of 4 pixels.  This should
produce a dramatic quality improvement, and be very easy to implement.

--Travis