 CAD / 12854
Re: I am Happy!!! (was Re: Transparent parts (small))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 13:12:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
Compare:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sjaacko/Temp/LPubTests/bbsswinr_0_05_ci.png
with
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sjaacko/Temp/LPubTests/bbsswinr_0_05_ci_better.png

I will take the "longer" rendering time for granted! It is worth
waiting a little while longer ;-)

Hmmm, I don't know.  While I think you've probably made the right
choice selecting ldview (it's the better renderer), I don't think
you're comparing the right stuff in those two pics.  The "better"
ldview pic doesn't display the halo problem because you've got
antialiasing turned off.  And those nasty jagged lines are gonna
eat away at your brain until you're no longer happy ;^)

Unfortunately it sounds like you'll get the same halo effect in ldview
if you turn on antialiased lines.  And that won't make you happy
either.

The workaround for ldglite is to get lpub to pass a background
color that matches, or disable antialiasing.  Either way your
transparent parts will look better, and your halo will be dimmer.
I suspect the same would work for ldview.

Have Fun,

Don