 CAD / 12837
Re: White noise around model with colored background
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 20:24:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way, using LPub and LDGLite as a renderer, to get rid of the
white "noise" around the model when using a colored background? See example:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sjaacko/Temp/LPubTests/bbsswinr_0_05_ci.png

You need to either set the background color in LDGLite to be the same color as
your background color in the LPub images, or turn off antialiasing in LDGLite.
I'm not sure how to do either, but I assume both are possible.

One problem with setting the background color in LDGLite is that the PLIs in
LPub use a different color background from the model.  I don't think there's any
way to get LPub to generate these things with different settings passed into
LDGLite.

Kevin, it would be cool if you automatically passed command line arguments to
LDGLite and LDView to set their background color to the color chosen in LPub.
That way the antialiasing would blend in automatically.  When you generate the
parts images, you'd set the background color based on the PLI background, and
when you generated the instructions images, you'd use the layout background
color.

For the record, you get the same kind of problem in LDView if you have
tranparent parts in the model, and the background is visible through the
transparent parts.  The transparent parts get shaded based on LDView's
background color.

Unfortunately, even though LDGLite and LDView are spitting out fully transparent
backgrounds, I don't think it's possible (in OpenGL) to get the antialiased
outline to not have color bleed from the background.

--Travis