 CAD / 14881
Re: White noise around model with colored background
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2007 19:57:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
   I don’t set the filter hint. It was rendered on an nVidia 7800 GT. My ATI at work does a reasonably good job with the same settings, but it leaves a few small gaps in the edges (around some studs):

I just tried again here at work with the line filter hint set to NICEST. To be honest, I like it better the other way. To my eye, it’s more blurry when set to NICEST:

http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/private/m6459-ati2.png

The difference is best seen by loading both images in separate tabs of the same browser window and then switching between the tabs. I think the NICEST setting does do a better job of getting rid of the aliasing, but the standard setting seems to be a better compromise between aliasing and sharpness.

--Travis