 CAD / 14879
Re: White noise around model with colored background
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:53:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
   to this. After spending a few hours getting nice alpha data into the image file for transparent parts, I realized that the same set of steps would probably work for the edge lines. So, I gave it a try, and sure enough, it worked. See here:

http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/private/AAAlphaDemo.html

But I was wondering about the first set of images. Did you get this with only the 3 pass method you described, or did you also have some form of FSAA enabled? If you got it without FSAA, that’s really impressive.

The image on the above page was rendered with antialiased lines, but no FSAA.

Wow, those lines are much smoother than anything I remember getting with simple antialiased lines. Was that rendered by ATI or Nvidia, or do they both give you results like that? Does the SMOOTH HINT make a big difference? I think I set it to NICEST, but the code is so convoluted by now that it could be using FASTEST for all I really know...

Anyhow, that’s inspirational. I really thought you’d have to use FSAA (or the equivalent post processing) to get the edge lines that pretty.

Don