 CAD / 12813
12812  |  12814
Subject:
Using stickers on LDraw models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2005 05:31:19 GMT

Hello,

I have a question about using stickers on LDraw models and rendering these in
PovRay (and other renderers). Stickers are 0.25 LDU thick, with the rear
(bottom) at y=0 and the front (top) at y=-0.25. When using a sticker it is lined
up with the rear attached to the bricks. The front is then 0.25 LDU away from
the brick surface.

When rendering with the default seam width of 0.5 the sticker disappears
(because the width of only 0.25 LDU). When I set the seam width to something
smaller, like 0.2, the sticker appears, but the seams are small or hardly
visible. Isn't it possible to somehow have the stickers not reduced in size when
applying seam widths? Maybe a new metacommand?

Niels Karsdorp