 CAD / 12828
Re: Using stickers on LDraw models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 21:59:42 GMT

Lars C. Hassing schrieb:
In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote:

Hello,

I have a question about using stickers on LDraw models and rendering
these in
PovRay (and other renderers). Stickers are 0.25 LDU thick, with the rear
(bottom) at y=0 and the front (top) at y=-0.25. When using a sticker
it is lined
up with the rear attached to the bricks. The front is then 0.25 LDU
away from
the brick surface.

snip

The only way to have the part and the sticker rendered correctly
is to group them, so they can be shrunk together.

While this could be accomplished with a new meta-command,
it can also be done today using MPD:
simply put the sticker and the part into a subfile
and make sure the file type is "part" ("0 Unofficial part").
/Lars
PS. Unfortunately the current L3P doesn't recognize "0 Unofficial part"
so you must put the subfile into the PARTS directory to have it
considered a part
for still a little while...
Can this also be done if the sticker is larger than one part?

And what will be with the seam in the "sub-part"?

Mikeheide